Sr. Director – Customer Development
Prestige Brands is a company that focuses on product innovation and quality in the over-the-counter healthcare and household cleaning categories to better improve the lives of our customers and their world. For generations, our trusted brands have helped consumers care for themselves and their loved ones. We are the largest independent provider of over-the-counter products in North America and we are constantly improving and creating products that match the ever-changing lifestyles and needs of people and families everywhere.
Partner with Marketing and Sales Executives to identify and capture current and future sales opportunities across all brands and Sales teams. The primary responsibilities of this position are to establish the vision for the Category Development function for all Prestige Brand categories, create and implement strategic plans including shopper product placement, distribution priorities and new item commercialization which will drive increased sales and profit for both the brand and the retail customers. The Senior Manager will lead with the cross-functional team (i.e. Marketing, Sales and Op’s, etc)in the collaboration of all sales materials for all “go to market” strategies. Responsible for leading insight generation that will help the Sales organization understand current trends, identify key growth opportunities, new item sell-in and develop or modify trade strategies.
- Lead Development practices and principles with a focus on market trends, 4P’s , new item sell-in and channel strategies.
- Develop strategic selling materials for the Sales organization across all categories including relevant consumer and shopper insights
- On going collaboration with Marketing and Sales teams to ensure alignment of corporate strategies and Retail customer goals/objectives.
- Developed new go-to market strategy by class of trade across the category portfolio.
- Develops and distributes compelling sales and product presentations to the sales organization.
- Ensures that customers, third parties, and business alliances are well informed through continual feedback and communication.
- Ensures that requests, needs, and questions are promptly resolved. Ensures that information regarding Company products, programs, and promotions is appropriately provided.
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company. Ensures that the Company’s professional reputation is maintained.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Completes reports, records, and other documentation as required.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred.
- Must have at least 7-10 years of CPG Customer Strategy, Trade Marketing or Sales relevant experience, preferably on an OTC brand – either internal or field based, and/or category development
- Training and experience in the following areas: Highly developed Presentation skills, Interpersonal Skills, Loyalty Card data, Negotiation Skills, Sales skills, Time Management, Project Management and Employee Development Training.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to think strategically
- Ability to analyze, interpret and develop recommendations from disparate data sources
- Strong technical skill set including Shipment and Consumption analytics experience
- Ability to develop and creates compelling product sell-in through.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively work cross functionally
- Good communication, writing and computer skills. Also requires basic mathematical skills.
- Strong knowledge of third party and direct distribution channels, pricing policies, and promotions strategies
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Word), Pivotable
- Experience working with syndicated databases IRI/Nielson and database management.
- Experience with analysis of shopper data (consumer insight).
Travel: 20% of time. Ability to travel via car, plane, rail.
Physical Demands: Ability to stand, sit, lift office materials (books, binders, boxes).
Work Environment: Office Environment. Ability to work on computer, answer phones, speak to customers. Work with surrounding office noise.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY:Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization.Able to interpet various instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY:Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percents, and tovdraw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY:Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias.Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar.Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct punctuation (or sign equivalent) and variation in word order; using present, perfect, and future tenses.