Analytical Scientist – 1st Shift (Lynchburg, VA)
For over 150 years, Fleet Laboratories’ success has come from adapting to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so will we-- with unique new technologies and products that help our customer’s look and feel your best.
At Fleet Laboratories, the future is bright and our commitment to quality and innovation has never been stronger. Working here at our location in Lynchburg, VA, you will feel part of a team that works together to meet our consumer needs.
Fleet Laboratories is seeking an Analytical Scientist for 1st Shift to perform method development, method validation and troubleshooting for analytical test methods to support formulation development and stability study of prototype formulation and scale-up batches of products. Coordinate with QA/QC groups and contract manufacturers and laboratories for method transfer and supporting tests. Ensures the proper documentation of such methods. Prepare stability test reports, method validation/transfer protocols and reports.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop, Evaluate and validate/verify appropriate analytical methods for new and existing products while meeting established project timelines.
- Perform analytical tests to support formulation development and stability study of prototype formulation and scale-up batches of products.
- Perform new raw material qualification activities to support developmental process.
- Keep accurate documentation of laboratory work, especially laboratory notebooks, analytical methods development, validation, and transfer to other departments, vendors, and regulatory documents.
- Generate analytical development reports in a timely manner.
- Calibrate laboratory equipment as needed.
- Review analyst Raw Data, protocol, and reports.
- Ensure Project timelines are met.
- Perform analytical methods evaluation and validation to demonstrate product or material characterization suitability.
- Tests new products or existing products to provide marketing and quality assurance support. Keep accurate records of analytical testing data and generate testing and analytical development reports. Provides technical support for manufacturing issues related to process and raw materials.
- Maintain accurate record of laboratory work, especially laboratory notebooks, analytical methods development, validation, and transfer to other departments, vendors, and regulatory documents.
- Writes, reviews, and approves technical reports as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- B.S. in Chemistry or related scientific discipline with at least 2 years of hands-on experience in industrial analytical laboratories.
- Experience working in OTC/Pharmaceutical company preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
Here at Fleet, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- The start of a great career working with a diverse group of great people
- The health and safety of every employee... our top priority
- A clean, air-conditioned cGMP environment
- Top notch benefits –paid time off, 401(K) retirement savings with company match, medical, dental and vision, pay annual targeted bonus, competitive pay, life insurance, Flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement.
- Stability – a record of strong financial performance and part of a growing $1billion company
- A business supporting the Lynchburg community for over 150 years.
Connect with us at: www.prestigebrands.com
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.