Assistant/Associate General Counsel (Tarrytown, NY)
Prestige Consumer Healthcare Inc. (NYSE:PBH), markets and sells well recognized brand name consumer products in two categories: over-the-counter health care and cosmetic products. Visit the Company's website at www.prestigeconsumerhealthcare.com. We operate in several segments within these categories and compete on the basis of the strength of our brand names, established retail distribution network, low cost operating model and experienced management team. Our brands are sold throughout the United States and Canada, and in certain international markets. We are a rapidly growing, innovative and inclusive company seeking a dynamic and well qualified attorney to join our Legal Department as either an Assistant GC or Associate GC, depending on qualifications.
Summary Description: We are seeking a business-minded attorney with the ability to calibrate legal advice with business strategy. The candidate must have a can-do attitude and experience advising and partnering with business teams at a fast-paced and growing company. This is a generalist role representing the Company in a broad array of legal matters including commercial agreements, general corporate matters, product in-licensing and development, litigation management, FDA and FTC regulatory matters, and product claims and advertising issues including NAD experience. You will provide legal advice and counsel to the Company’s business and operating units in the US and in international markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting and negotiating a broad array of commercial agreements (including supply, distribution, product development, services, sponsorship, licensing and confidentiality agreements)
- Review product packaging and labeling, advertising copy, social media content and other consumer materials
- Oversee intellectual property portfolio
- Legal oversight of sweepstakes and contests
- Enhancing and maintaining compliance programs including development of policies, training programs and reports
- Direct, monitor and supervise outside litigation
- Support Human Resources regarding employment matters
- JD degree from accredited law school
- Minimum of 5 years of broad-based commercial law experience, preferably as in-house counsel for a CPG company with multiple brands in personal care, healthcare or beauty products. Some M&A transactional experience, i.e. due diligence, acquisition and divesture agreements and related documents also helpful.
- Proactive, strategic and inclusive team player
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compatible with company culture of leadership and accountability
To apply, please email salary requirement and resume to email@example.com
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.