Associate Brand Manager-Digestive Health, Oral Care, Opportunistic Loyalty (Tarrytown, NY)
Prestige Consumer Healthcare brings product innovation and quality to over-the-counter healthcare products to better improve the lives of our customers and their families. For generations, our trusted brands have helped consumers care for themselves and their loved ones. We are the largest independent provider of over-the-counter healthcare products in North America that continually improves and creates products that match the ever-changing lifestyles and needs of people globally. Though Prestige is not a household name, you likely know some of our iconic brands such as Summer’s Eve, Monistat, Clear Eyes, Dentek, Efferdent, Dramamine, Fleet, Beano and many more.
The Associate Brand Manager, Innovation works with the Brand Manager, Innovation in leading and managing new product and commercial innovation for the Digestive Health and Oral Care categories. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced, environment with an emphasis on collective, collaborative teamwork.
- Pipeline Development – Develop a pipeline of new product, claim and commercial innovation for the Digestive Health and Oral Care portfolios that drives topline and profit growth and is aligned with the overall brand visions. Must be able to work collaboratively with new product technical development, base brand management, sales, and other cross functional teams to ensure overall pipeline feasibility.
- Brand Strategy – work collaboratively with the pain and cough/cold base marketing brand teams to develop and evolve brand strategy as required to enable a steady path to growth. Strategy development will include modifying the overall brand vision as applicable, new product pipeline development, claims work, and supporting research. The Associate Brand Manager, Innovation will play an integral role in the long-range planning for the brand.
- Pipeline management and execution – Manage the day-to-day development needs of the portfolios, coordinating with project management and other cross functional team members to ensure all barriers are overcome to the timely launch of initiatives. The Associate Brand Manager, Innovation will be responsible for NPD pricing strategy, P&L development, package graphics, claims and claim substantiation and will lead NPD initiatives through Prestige’s Stage Gate process.
- Sales Support – Work in coordination with sales to develop all materials required to ensure effective sell-in of new products including but not limited to joint development of sales strategies, sales presentations, sales samples, presence at sales meetings (both internal and customer facing) as applicable, and scout call support.
- Forecasting – Lead the development and alignment of new product forecasts in coordination with research, base brand, sales and the forecasting team for the purposes of accurate production and financial planning.
- Marketing support – Support base brand efforts to drive trial and the ongoing growth of new initiatives through the development of effective claims and marketing tactics drawing on relevant new product and consumer insights.
Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Marketing or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 3 - 5 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and team skills – demonstrates ability to deliver strong business results by working collaboratively with both internal and external resources effectively. Utilizes resources effectively to overcome challenges and achieve business objectives. Takes ownership where appropriate.
- Strategic thinking skills – ability to deliver against the long-term brand goals. Prioritizes marketing initiatives to effectively achieve both short-term and long-term goals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them. Resourceful at achieving objectives / results despite obstacles.
- Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and cross-functional counterparts. Ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self-reliant / proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
- Successful track record of leading cross-functional teams
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- High proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office
Travel up to 10% mainly in North America.
This position is a hybrid role. Must be able to work in Tarrytown, NY on Tues/Weds/Thurs. Work from home on Mondays and Fridays.
*Sponsorship is not available for this role. *Relocation is not available for this role.
Salary Range: $115,000 - $125,000
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.