Associate Brand Manager (Tarrytown, NY)
Prestige Consumer Healthcare, Inc. markets and sells well recognized, brand name, consumer over-the-counter healthcare products. We operate in niche segments within the health and personal care categories where the strength of our brand names, our established retail distribution network, a low cost operating model and an experienced management team have been key to our success. Our brands are sold throughout the United States, Canada, and in certain international markets.
This position is responsible for assisting in the leadership and management of one or more of our consumer brands within our marketing department. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on collaborative interdepartmental teamwork.
- Brand plan development and P&L management – contribute to the development of a plan that achieves company P/L targets. This will include, but is not limited to, advertising, program/promotions, and research. Must be able to work collaboratively with agencies/vendors and internal resources to drive superior market results.
- Program management and execution - manage the day-to-day logistics of the brand programs. Owns timeline management, budget, and program analysis.
- New product development – utilizes consumer-driven insights to drive long-term growth of the brands. Translates insights into profitable marketing initiatives and product innovations. Develops selling proposition and sufficient launch support plans to retail.
- Market analysis - provides consumption-based data analysis for the brand. Provides actionable insight and support to the enterprise to better understand market trends and dynamics. Also, identifies opportunities in markets where there are unmet needs.
- Sales support – provides the sales organization with best in class materials for retailer presentations working closely with Category Management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field. MBA or MA/MS in marketing preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum of 2 years of work experience with brand management
- Demonstrated leadership and team skills – demonstrates ability to deliver strong business results by working collaboratively with both internal and external resource effectively. Utilizes resources effectively to overcome challenges and achieve business objectives. Takes ownership where appropriate.
- Strategic thinking skills – ability to deliver against the long-term brand goals. Prioritizes marketing initiatives to effectively achieve both short-term and long-term goals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them. Resourceful at achieving objectives / results despite obstacles.
- Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and cross-functional counterparts and agencies. Ability to build strong relationships with agency, cross-functional teams, and vendors.
- Results orientation – focuses not only on what needs to be achieved, but also makes sure that it’s done the right way.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self-reliant / proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
Required Knowledge: Familiarity with company sales and merchandising standards, policies and procedures, and competitive position. Knowledge of the industry.
Physical Activities and Requirements of this position
- Verbal Communication: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
- Work Environment: Office Environment. Ability to work on computer, answer phones, speak to customers. Work with surrounding office noise.
- Travel: Occasional travel required. Ability to drive. Ability to travel by rail or plane.
Salary Range: $100K-$125K
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.