Associate Sourcing Manager (Tarrytown, NY)
The Associate Sourcing Manager's (ASM-strategic sourcing) main objective is to assist in optimizing end-to-end supply chain costs while ensuring best in class supply performance that meets with or exceeds the overall corporate objectives, i.e. cost optimization, inventory reduction, efficiency improvement, innovation enablement, supply flexibility, lead time reduction, etc. Our ASMs focus on developing, planning and executing strategic sourcing initiatives that would uncover and enable best-in-class value creation opportunities. They collaborate seamlessly with NPD (new product development), marketing and other cross functional teams in support of new product development and introduction initiatives. As a key commercial relationship owner, they drive strategic supply partnerships with key suppliers. They work closely with demand/supply planning teams and corresponding suppliers to ensure suppliers’ on-time/in-full (OTIF) goals are met. Our ASMs assist with collecting, analyzing and reporting of supplier performance data for the entire sourcing function, and they will assist with providing these required information to other sourcing managers in the group. Moreover, our ASMs provide data analytical support for senior management on an as needed basis.
In short, our ASMs help the supply chain to operate in a way that allows PCH to provide exceptional service with minimal costs and without unnecessary delays or complications.
As a member of PCH’s strategic sourcing team, this position will;
- drive identification and execution of supply chain improvement and cost optimization opportunities
- directly manage and support our Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) network.
- develop and manage relationships with key assigned suppliers
- provide spend data analytics and report creation support
- collaborate with cross functional teams for on-time delivery of new product ideas & execution
- proactively manage risk via execution of appropriate mitigation strategies
- Lead spend data analytics (data collection, analysis and reporting)
- Lead and manage supply chain cost optimization projects and ideas - such as cost reduction, lead time reduction, capacity analysis, innovation enablement, etc.
- Initiate and manage supplier benchmarking events. Efforts may include managing RFx (RFI, RFP, RFQ, RFS), timeline management and feasibility assessments.
- Lead development of cost models
- Prepare market intelligence and supply trends, and other continuous improvement initiatives
- Work with and assist cross-functional teams to support new product launches and product transfers.
- Assist / lead the supplier relationship management process for assigned suppliers / categories
- Coordinate with all supply chain functions – NPD, quality, planning, marketing, finance, engineering, legal, etc. – in support of on-going and new business initiatives
- Report generation (some examples):
- monthly spend reports
- monthly PPV reports, reconciliation vs. savings tracker, alerts
- monthly supplier KPI score cards (monthly & quarterly)
- monthly or Quarterly preparation of Deck for supplier meetings (i.e. QBRs, monthly touch points, issue resolution, etc.)
- input cost / index cost / external economic factor reports (leveraging outside expert services like Beroe)
- should cost model build and maintenance (leveraging outside expert services like Beroe)
- Legal agreements:
- maintain supply agreement database for assigned suppliers
- lead or work with sourcing manager(s), as needed, to support / lead contract renewals, amendments, negotiations
- Support COGS & APO optimization
- manage PIR process in SAP for assigned categories / brands
- manage PIR process in SAP for assigned portfolio of products / brands
- back up sourcing managers for all SAP related tasks
- Regulatory & compliance
- understand the relevant cGMP regulations and PCH quality standards that apply to our product portfolio of OTC monograph, NDA, Dietary supplement, and medical device products
- translate these in practical ways in evaluation of potential suppliers
- Brand champion
- own and manage assigned brands with guidance from the senior management / leadership
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5+ years of supply chain experience
- Excellent analytical & managerial skills
- Strong attention to details
- Self-starter; ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to work will in a dynamic, fast paced team environment
- Balances multiple and competing priorities, and executes accordingly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Data analytical skillset
- Attention to details so ensure data accuracy and completeness
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making skills
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Willingness and openness to acquire other appropriate skill set as required by the business
- Capacity to learn and flexibility to adapt
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.