Brand Manager - New Product Development (Tarrytown, NY)
The Brand Manager NPD is responsible for leading and managing new product and commercial innovation on a portfolio of iconic, well known consumer brands. The individual must be able to work in a diverse, fast paced, self-managed environment with an emphasis on collective, collaborative teamwork.
- Pipeline Development – Develop a pipeline of new product innovation for a portfolio of brands that drives brand topline and profit growth and is aligned with the overall brand vision. Must be able to work collaboratively with new product technical development, base brand management, sales, and other cross functional teams to ensure overall pipeline feasibility.
- Pipeline management and execution – Manage the day to day development needs of the product pipeline, coordinating with project management and other cross functional team members to ensure all barriers are overcome to the timely launch of initiatives.
- Brand Strategy – work collaboratively with the base brand to develop and evolve brand strategy as required to enable a steady path to growth. Strategy development will include modifying the overall brand vision as applicable, new product pipeline development, claims work, and supporting research.
- Sales Support – Work in coordination with sales to develop all materials required to ensure effective sell-in of new products including but not limited to joint development of sales strategies, sales presentations, sales samples, presence at sales meetings (both internal and customer facing) as applicable, and scout call support.
- Forecasting – Lead the development and alignment of new product forecasts in coordination with research, base brand, sales and the forecasting team for the purposes of accurate production and financial planning.
- Marketing support – Support base brand efforts to drive trial and the ongoing growth of new initiatives through the development of effective claims and marketing tactics drawing on relevant new product and consumer insights.
Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Marketing or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 5 years of related work experience including new product development experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and team skills – demonstrates ability to deliver strong business results by working collaboratively with both internal and external resource effectively. Utilizes resources effectively to overcome challenges and achieve business objectives. Takes ownership where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation – Demonstrates ability to evaluate consumer brand and category needs, develop and evaluate new product ideas, ensure new products deliver on brand strategy, financial requirements, customer requirements and consumer insights, and to deliver those products to market.
- Project Management Skills – ability to lead the development of complex new initiatives from conception through launch, prioritizing elements that will drive results, overcoming barriers to project completion, and generally ensuring that projects continue to progress with an emphasis on meeting retailer presentation and shipment deadlines.
- Strategic thinking skills – ability to deliver against the long-term brand goals. Prioritizes marketing initiatives to effectively achieve both short-term and long-term goals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them. Resourceful at achieving objectives / results despite obstacles.
- Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and cross-functional counterparts and agencies. Ability to build strong relationships with agency, cross-functional teams, and vendors.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self-reliant / proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.