Category Development Analyst (Tarrytown, NY)
The Category Development Analyst is responsible for delivering analytical support, providing category and brand insights that lead to the development of business solutions that drive successful in-store activation. This person works in partnership with sales and marketing to support development of category management plans, including category growth platforms, product placement, distribution priorities and new item commercialization to drive increased sales and profitability for both our brands and the retail partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Integrate and analyze multiple insight resources, providing detailed category and brand insights
- Support development of category and brand assortment and merchandising executions
- Develop compelling insight driven selling stories that support Retailer sell-in of key initiatives
- Own updating and deployment of key syndicated reporting and analytic tools
- Work closely with IRI and customer loyalty data to develop expertise on those capabilities in order deliver more insights and organizational and customer value from those resources
- Expand shared learning and category insights across internal and external organization
- Ensures that customers, third parties, and business alliances are well informed through continual feedback and communication.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to transform data into insights, recommendations and compelling selling stories
- Detail and deadline oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent thought-leader with self-motivated and self-directed work style
- Strong project management, prioritization and resource allocation capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and effectively work cross functionally
- High Level of expertise and proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Must have at least 2 years of CPG category management or related sales analytics experience
- Experience extracting and analyzing IRI/Nielsen POS and Panel data
- Experience Retailer loyalty data a plus
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.