Category Development Manager- (Tarrytown, NY)
The Category Development Manager will partner with Marketing and Sales Executives to identify and capture current and future sales opportunities at top Customers. The Category Manager will identify category trends and specific account sales opportunities using sophisticated data analytics and trend analysis to provide the organization with selling tools that will support product and brand strategies.
This role is hybrid. Work in the Tarrytown Office on Tues/Weds/Thurs. Work from home on Mon/Fri.
- Provides support to field personnel by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data to identify Customer sales opportunities.
- Develops and disseminates presentations (New Item, Business Reviews, and Category/Brand Trends) to be used by Sales Organization.
- Creates and assembles brand and product selling reports to identify potential future sales opportunities and monitor product sell through.
- Prepares sales information reports for senior management.
- Ensures that requests, needs, and questions are promptly resolved. Ensures that information regarding Company products, programs, and promotions is appropriately provided.
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company. Ensures that the Company’s professional reputation is maintained.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and management.
a. Assists and supports related departments. Obtains and conveys information as needed.
b. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
c. Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
d. Completes reports, records, and other documentation as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
1. Market opportunities are well-researched and potential product and services sales and penetration activities are carefully pursued.
2. Promotions programs are evaluated and recommendations for effective execution.
4. Good communication and effective working relations exist with related departments.
5. The Company’s professional reputation is projected in all business development contacts.
Qualifications: REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
- In-depth working knowledge and experience working with IRI and/or A.C.N. POS Data, Spectra, Panel and loyalty card data.
- Experience in category management, trade marketing and National Account sales.
- Solid analytical skills, technical expertise, and good communication and computer skills.
- Keen attention to detail, good communication and computer skills and prior order entry and customer service experience
- Good communication, writing and computer skills. Also requires basic mathematical skills.
- Strong knowledge of third party and direct distribution channels, pricing policies, and promotions strategies.
- Strong oral and written communications abilities.
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills. Advanced Excel Skills.
Education and Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field. CPG experience a must! Pharma a plus! Five or more years of related category management, trade marketing and sales experience.
Working Conditions: Office Environment. Some light lifting and moving of boxes/papers required.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.