Continuous Improvement Lead (Lynchburg, VA)
Fleet Laboratories’ 150+ year success story comes from adapting to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so will we-- with unique new technologies and products that help our customer’s look and feel your best. Our commitment to quality and innovation has never been stronger. Working here at our location in Lynchburg, VA, you will feel part of a team that works together to meet our consumers' needs.
We are seeking a Continuous Improvement Lead responsible to develop, initiate, lead and drive continuous improvement projects such as process changes to improve operating costs. You will be responsible for facilitating key continuous improvement activities in areas such as waste reduction, cost savings, production efficiency, maintenance reliability, quality, safety, environmental, people development, business systems, business technology and business development initiatives. The scope is limitless!
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects
- Conduct training exercises or workshops to drive cultural change
- Perform root cause analysis to determine metrics, troubleshoot business and production issues, material flow, project plans, production capacity, facility design and create process documentation
- Carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping
- Develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Establish clear and well-articulated implementation plans
- Resolve technical problems: e.g., formulation, equipment, product, interpretation of regulations, resource availability.
- Specify deliverables, outcome and performance-measurement indicators.
- Design, install, and debug tooling and capital equipment as it relates to process improvement
- Drive value stream mapping to define “As-Is Analysis” and the transition to "Future State"
- Develop and conduct compliance audits, program evaluations and reviews to drive results with the fortitude to ensure change is permanent.
- Initiate and facilitate lean improvement programs and activities
- Direct and facilitate the ongoing lean improvement process through the use of techniques such as Kaizen, 5’S, TPM, Kanban, Policy Deployment, etc.
- Ensure that appropriate safety and ergonomic processes and methods are being utilized.
- Establish metrics to monitor financial savings as compared to established goals and targets.
- Create annual cost savings targets based on analysis of evolving operation with full knowledge of the 3-year business plan.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- BA/BS degree (preferably in Engineering) or the equivalent.
- Minimum of five years’ experience from within a Manufacturing Facility.
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) background highly desired.
- Lean and Six Sigma certifications desired/experience required.
WHAT WE OFFER
Here at Fleet, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- SAFETY – is our top priority
- ENVIRONMENT – Clean, air-conditioned environment, GMP
- BENEFITS – paid time off, 401(K) retirement savings with company match, medical, dental and vision, annual bonus, competitive pay, life insurance, flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement
- STABILITY – a record of strong financial performance and a growing company, a business in the Lynchburg community for over 150 years
Connect with us at: www.prestigebrands.com
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.