Cost Accountant I (Lynchburg, VA)
For over 150 years, Fleet Laboratories’ success has come from adapting to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so will we-- with unique new technologies and products that help you look and feel your best.
At Fleet Laboratories, the future is bright and our commitment to quality and innovation has never been stronger.
We are looking for a COST ACCOUNTANT 1, this person will be responsible for Maintaining the Company’s Product Costing System including establishing/maintaining procedures to ensure accuracy and apply cost analyses expertise as an aid to management in controlling current and future operations.
- Maintain the accounting and reporting functions of cost systems and monitor the accuracy of related general ledger balances.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement related cost gathering and reporting procedures.
- Analyze material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of goods sold, or other cost-related performance measures.
- Maintain standard cost system in SAP and assists in the development of overhead and labor rates
- Capture and classify cost data to determine the cost associated with products/product lines, projects, or departments.
- Compare actual costs to historical or projected costs and reports on variance.
- Perform analyses to assist management on make/buy decisions, expansion programs, and operating strategies.
- Provide cost-related data in support of business decisions or for use in financial reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Develop cost estimates for new products in conjunction with the Supply Chain and Operations.
- May participate in or review regular inventory cycle counts.
- Perform all other related duties as required.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in finance, or accounting.
- Two years of plant cost and analytical experience in a manufacturing cGMP environment
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize are required.
- Strong computer skills required including a proficiency in SAP, Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and familiarity with data query and data management tools.
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Strong mathematical skills
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.