Cost Accountant I (Lynchburg, VA)
Highly visible cost accounting role for a company with inclusive and creative thinking and innovative product development in a growing OTC drug industry. We are a global leader with over 100 personal health and beauty products that help you look and feel your best at just the right price point.
Our COST ACCOUNTANT is responsible for maintaining the our product costing system (standard costing is utilized here at the site) including establishing/maintaining procedures to ensure accuracy and apply cost analyses expertise as an aid to management in controlling current and future operations.
What you will be doing
- Maintain the accounting and reporting functions of the standard costing system; monitor and report variances.
- Develop and implement cost gathering and reporting procedures.
- Analyze material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of goods sold, or other cost-related performance measures for products, product lines, projects and departments
- Develop cost estimates for new products in conjunction with the Supply Chain and Operations.
- Maintain the standard cost system in SAP.
- Assist in the development of overhead and labor rates.
- Perform analyses to assist management on make/buy decisions, expansion programs, operating strategies and other business decisions
- Provide cost-related data for use in financial reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Participate in or review regular inventory cycle counts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced excel skills
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Two years of Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, including inventory management
- Prefer at least 1 years of working with SAP and/or Oracle or any other ERP
Prestige Consumer Healthcare, including Fleet Laboratories, is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.