Cost Accountant I (Lynchburg, VA)
For over 150 years, Fleet Laboratories’ success has come from adapting to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so will we-- with unique new technologies and products that help you look and feel your best.
We are looking for a COST ACCOUNTANT. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the our product costing system (standard costing is utilized here at the site) including establishing/maintaining procedures to ensure accuracy and apply cost analyses expertise as an aid to management in controlling current and future operations.
- Maintain the accounting and reporting functions of the standard costing system which includes the monitoring and reporting of variances.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement related cost gathering and reporting procedures.
- Analyze material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of goods sold, or other cost-related performance measures.
- Maintain the standard cost system in SAP and assists in the development of overhead and labor rates
- Capture and classify cost data to determine the cost associated with products/product lines, projects, or departments.
- Compare actual costs to historical or projected costs and reports on variance.
- Perform analyses to assist management on make/buy decisions, expansion programs, and operating strategies.
- Provide cost-related data in support of business decisions or for use in financial reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Develop cost estimates for new products in conjunction with the Supply Chain and Operations.
- May participate in or review regular inventory cycle counts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced excel skills
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Two years of Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, including inventory management
- Prefer at least 1 years of working with SAP and/or Oracle or any other ERP
Prestige Consumer Healthcare, including Fleet Laboratories, is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.