Cost Accountant I (Tarrytown, NY)
The Cost Accountant I will report to and receive guidance from the Sr. Cost Accountant and, under their direction, track the flow of materials by plant, location and brand, report and reconcile inventory levels at all locations, and ensure timely support for the monthly reporting and external reporting compliance requirements of Prestige Consumer Healthcare.
- Maintain the Material Master – items and BOM.
- Annual standard cost roll-forward and cost maintenance.
- Prepare and support month, quarter and year-end close journal entries
- Monthly reporting of inventory related to planning, forecasting, tax, logistics and banking
- Prepare account reconciliations, audit schedules and annual audits.
- Monitor and review receiving, transfers, and other inventory adjustments.
- Other projects and analysis as needed
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance related field
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and other generally accepted accounting policies
- Strong knowledge of SAP and equivalent ERP software.
- Inventory and Variance Accounting and reporting
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot Table, V-Lookup)
- SAP Material Master
- Vendor relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with people in an effective and positive manner
- Not less than 2 years of experience in public/private accounting, preferably in the Consumer Goods (CPG) industry and with at least one (1) year of cost accounting demonstrating proficiencies in the above Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities.
Travel: 5% ability to travel via car, plane, rail.
Physical Demands: With or without reasonable accommodation, ability to stand, sit, lift office materials (books, binders, boxes), move from one location to another in the office, use computer keyboard, write with pen or pencil, speak, hear.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.