Customer Insights Manager
The Customer Insights Manager is primarily responsible for uncovering business opportunities with deep-dive analytics by proactively using all tools available, including home office resources such as IRI, Spectra, Loyalty, Marketgate, panel data and POS consumption data. This role will extract and analyze relevant and robust data and will look for trends or areas to drive Prestige business results. The Customer Insights Manager will play a key role in the business planning process, helping to develop account specific strategies and tactics in partnership with the Sales Directors and Customer Business Managers that will drive sales, distribution, and market share while maintaining focus on company strategies and priorities.
- Evaluate market and customer dynamics and provide insights to build compelling narratives to help execute Prestige Brands business imperatives.
- Provide business overview and analysis to customer team on progress against market and annual plan objectives
- Assess competitive market activity and provide analytics around risks/opportunities to the Prestige Brands portfolio
- Provide data and recommendations around 4P strategy for new distribution (shelf recommendation, promotion strategy, pricing) using market data available
- Interface with customer on a regular basis to deliver Consumer and Category Insights.
- Assist in developing thought leadership to help drive “Best in Class” practices in reporting and story-telling data based narratives that ultimately lead to volume and share opportunities
- Lead Sales Information Management initiatives to increase productivity/efficiency.
- Contribution during the Annual Planning Process:
- Lead the analysis for the Category and Brand Deep Dives and work with the Sales Director on outputs
- Proactively develop fact-based insights and recommendations to the Sales Director on building out Prestige 2-3 year Strategy with Customer/Retailer
- Lead the post-POG analysis alongside the Sales Director
- Assist the Sales Director in building the Line Review Strategy document and Line Review deck and proactively engaging in the process to develop recommendations to drive Volume and Share
- Deliver accurate Weekly and Monthly Sales Reports consistently to Prestige Brand internal teams with insightful commentary:
- Develop and Analyze tracking reports for new Modular (POG) performance
- Leadership role in working with 3rd party to build and maintain all POS reporting tools
- Development of reporting and thought leadership in how to communicate weekly/monthly consumption to broader organization
- Develop customer specific category reviews and analysis to include:
- Customer specific templates and formats
- Retail Link POS and Syndicated data insights
- Category SWOT analysis, Strategies, and Scorecarding
- Category Tactical solutions for Product, Placement, Promotion, Pricing opportunities
- Work with Marketing and Research to identify relevant Consumer Insights/Trends:
- Develop presentations delivering consumer/category insights
- Use insights to assist in developing retailer strategies
- Provide your expertise and lend insights to the planning process
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Market opportunities are well-researched and potential product and services sales and penetration activities are carefully pursued.
- Promotions programs are evaluated and recommendations for effective execution.
- Good communication and effective working relations exist with related departments.
- The Company’s professional reputation is projected in all business development contacts.
Qualifications: REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
- In-depth working knowledge and experience working with IRI and/or A.C.N. POS Data, Spectra, Panel and loyalty card data.
- Experience in category management, trade marketing and National Account sales.
- Solid analytical skills, technical expertise, and good communication and computer skills.
- Keen attention to detail, good communication and computer skills and prior order entry and customer service experience
- Good communication, writing and computer skills. Also requires basic mathematical skills.
- Strong knowledge of third party and direct distribution channels, pricing policies, and promotions strategies.
- Strong oral and written communications abilities.
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills. Advanced Excel Skills.
Education and Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field. CPG experience a must! Pharma or OTC a plus! Five or more years of related category management, trade marketing and sales experience.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.