Demand Planner Analyst (Tarrytown, NY)
The Demand Planning Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting forecast and providing key deliverables to the business including monthly forecast, annual budget plans, related revisions and applicable pre and post analysis. Work with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modeling work. Provide forecasting insight and analysis necessary for appropriate decision making. Provide financial expertise related to forecasting, trend analysis and other ad-hoc analysis requested, demonstrating a clear understanding of financial reporting as it relates to forecast analysis, productivity, budgeting and trending. Utilize all tools and financial information to identify risks and opportunities to facilitate positive business and operational results. Demonstrate proficiency of supply chain planning terms and methods (lead times, safety stock, promotional lifts, days of supply, inventory turns, etc.). Assist in the training and development of junior analyst. Advanced skills to include variance analysis, assumption documentation, and communication of forecast drivers and changes. Manage, prioritize, and execute various ad-hoc project requests in support of Marketing / Sales leaders and other cross-functional teams.
- Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective Forecasting Department planning, policies and procedures.
- Through the collaboration with other departments and management team, the Senior Demand Planning Analyst will play an integral role in creating demand plans that drive the production necessary to achieve the company’s customer service, revenue goals, and manage forecast error down to targeted levels. Provides suggestions and recommendations to ensure product inventory levels are at acceptable levels and that customers remain in stock on all items including new product launches.
- Develops Forecasting Department policies and procedures and ensures that they support and complement Company – wide strategic objectives.
- Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies. Ensures that policies are uploaded and in accordance with evolving production and quality standards.
- Participates in budget development including monthly, quarterly and annual sales projections.
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, timely and accurate completion of Forecasting function.
- Generates monthly, quarterly and annually forecasting for assigned Brands and Customers.
- Monitors Forecasting System development. Identifies problems, reports and resolves them quickly and effectively.
- Participates in Forecasting System training for all employees including marketing, sales, operations and finance
- As required writes Forecasting procedure documents and completes related reports and records.
- Ensures that the Forecasting System is kept up to date by timely loading demand planning algorithms into the Prestige Plans Forecasting software and related computer systems.
- Leads the tracking of forecast accuracy. Consistently review forecast accuracy versus pre-determined target levels and identifies opportunities for improvement in process.
- Supports the Director of Demand Planning by assembling key forecast and metric information to feed monthly KPIs.
- Has a very strong understanding of the company business strategies and initiatives and applies these towards the SKU level forecast that drive the financial plan and inventory management.
3. Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication, coordination and working relations with Company personnel and management.
- Works closely with retailers and internal departments such as Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations to produce timely and accurate Forecasts for the business.
- Collaborate with Sales/ Marketing team to develop and manage product assortments for selected segment(s) of the company product categories, sales channels and /or customers.
- Utilize available sell-through data from the company Key Accounts and provide detailed information that will assist with metrics reporting.
- Support efforts to refine the company event management process with the objective of improving credibility and accuracy of incremental demand projections.
- Assist in the determination of suggested ”lift” quantities above baseline and add confirmed lift to baseline demand to develop overall integrated plan.
- Demonstrates leadership by facilitating monthly demand review meetings, mentoring Analyst level team members on the Demand Planning team and working to innovate new solutions for Demand Planning systems and processes, and improve overall forecast accuracy.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Stays informed of developments and changes in Forecasting techniques and methods.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Education / Certification:-Bachelor’s degree in business related field or supply chain.
IBF or Demand Planning Certification is desirable
Required Knowledge: Strong understanding of forecasting, demand planning procedures and standards. Knowledge of forecasting and demand planning processes.
Experience required: Five or more years of professional experience as support in demand planning function. 2 years + Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience preferred. High level of Excel proficiency and data modeling skills, Power Point and Word. S&OP process experience / familiarity strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of forecasting software and best practice applications (SAP, APO, IBP experience a plus).
Skills/ Abilities: Well organized with strong planning and management skills. Detail oriented and ability to work with large data sets. Very strong analytical skills, working knowledge of statistics and forecast mathematics. Systems and database tools proficiency (forecasting tools, ERP planning applications, MS Access, SQL Database, etc.). Excellent problem solving skills. Interpersonal skills to successfully navigate the input and interactions with cross functional representatives.
*This role is not eligible for relocation.
* At present, this role is 'Work From Home'. Upon return to the office, role will be Hybrid (in/out) office.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.