Director of Plant Finance (Lynchburg, VA)
The Director of Plant Finance will be the lead financial advisor to plant and corporate management. This role will report plant performance by analyzing variances and making recommendations to improve profitability. Position reports to Plant Vice President and FP&A Director.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and drive financial performance in support of the plant’s strategic goals/objectives
- Design and oversee the maintenance of standard product costing for new and existing products
- Oversee the Budget/Forecast planning processes for the facility, including the Capital Budget process
- Approve perpetual inventory reconciliations and month end closing transactions
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Sr Management & BOD information for the plant VP of Operations
- Highlight areas of opportunity to improve profitability
- Advise the plant VP of Operations & Supply Chain in matters of operational finance and profitability
- Partner with the plant management team in making sound, short and long-term strategic decisions
- Help ensure annual operational goals are met
- Lead by promoting shared accountability and financial stewardship throughout the business
- Provide critical, and timely financial reporting to local and corporate partners
- Ensure compliance with all inventory procedures
- Perform other related duties as required
- Interact with internal and external auditors
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures regulatory and corporate compliance.
- Leads by example.
- Ensures department goals are aligned with business imperatives.
- Ensures performance goals are met.
- Establishes and ensures achievement of all unit Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensures compliance with corporate standards (e.g., financial, code of business conduct) and adherence to company policies.
- Supports business processes and requirements.
KPI Accountabilities/Responsible to Influence
- SG&A Expense
- Planned budget/actual budget (%)
- Promotes open and honest communication
- Fosters “team building” and a culture focused on problem solving / process improvement
- Ensures decision making at proper levels with clear roles & responsibilities
- Helps to create an engaged workforce.
- Maintains positive employee morale
- Determines resource planning and deployment strategy
- Ensures systems and processes are in place to maintain smooth operations during employee absences and staffing changes.
- Fosters culture that values diversity and promotes respect, inclusion, cooperation, and responsibility.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Minimum of 10 years in Operations Finance or as Plant Controller for a CPG or Pharma facility demonstrating strong supervisory proficiency.
- CPA or CMA preferred
- SAP experience preferred
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.