Equipment Maintenance Mechanics (Lynchburg, VA)
Maintenance and Engineering
We are looking for skilled Maintenance Mechanics to perform maintenance, equipment repair, complex trouble-shooting, redesign, and enhancement of mechanical, electrical, and computerized systems used in the processing of several consumer healthcare products produced in a cGMP environment. Develop maintenance, PM, and calibration procedures. Implement and support complex electronic and programmable systems including PLCs, machine vision, HMI, process controls, and instrumentation.
- Perform electronic troubleshooting on a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment throughout the facility.
- Perform duties involving a wide range of preventative maintenance and repair work to a variety of electromechanical devices, machinery, instrumentation, HVAC, fixtures, and furnishings throughout the facility.
- Perform mathematical formulations as relates to problem solving and trouble shooting the electrical power distribution equipment, mechanical components, and fluid power components.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of production and/or facility equipment without supervision.
- Repair electronic and instrument equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair machine breakdowns in a prompt, skillful manner.
- Maintain machines to ensure that quality packages are provided at the speeds designated and minimize machine down time.
- Perform diagnostics and repair to a variety of PLCs and associated programs.
- Determine causes and sources of existing and potential electrical and electronic problems; read and interpret circuit diagrams; act upon determinations, and design basic electronic circuitry when necessary.
- Develop improvements upon existing technology and methods, acting unilaterally with Engineering, or with others, and make recommendations for their improvements.
- Responsible for having machines produce quality packages at the speeds designated.
- Monitor and/or evaluate current or potential problems with resulting action or plan to eliminate problem.
- Participate with others in the testing and evaluation of raw materials and equipment.
- Provide feedback to the Maintenance Mechanic Leader and the Maintenance Supervisor regarding equipment condition.
- Research manuals and drawings; prepare sketches and Purchase Requisitions for procurement of replacement parts and supplies.
- Responsible to maintain work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition according to GMPs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Requires the knowledge gained through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program or equal training.
- 1 to 7 years of related work experience. Related experience includes electronic troubleshooting, calibration of process instrumentation, determining causes and sources of electrical and electronic problems, and reading and interpreting circuit diagrams.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.