Industrial Maintenance Technician (Lynchburg, VA)
Maintenance and Engineering
This role provides a competitive salary, hiring bonus and more.
For over 150 years, Fleet Laboratories’ (a Prestige company) success has come from adapting to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so will we-- with unique new technologies and products that help you look and feel your best.
At Fleet Laboratories, the future is bright and our commitment to quality and innovation has never been stronger. Working here at our location in Lynchburg, VA, you will feel part of a team that works together to meet our consumer needs.
Fleet Laboratories is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Technician to be a part of our maintenance team that performs equipment maintenance including preventive maintenance, refurbishments, repairs, and various maintenance tasks on our production equipment. We are seeking a talented individual that is motivated to learn and grow their knowledge and skills on a variety of Filling, Processing and Packaging equipment. Valued talents are strong mechanical, electrical and electronic troubleshooting on fundamental conveying equipment to high speed and robotic packaging equipment. Enjoy working in a climate controlled and clean environment where quality, teamwork and personal input are valued.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform mechanical & electronic troubleshooting on a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment throughout the facility.
- Perform duties involving a wide range of preventative maintenance and repair work to a variety of electromechanical devices, machinery, instrumentation, HVAC, fixtures, and furnishings throughout the facility.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of production and/or facility equipment without supervision.
- Repair electronic and instrument monitored equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair machine breakdowns in a prompt, skillful manner.
- Maintain machines to ensure that quality packages are provided
- Perform diagnostics and repair to a variety of PLCs and associated programmable devices.
- Determine causes and sources of existing and potential electrical and electronic problems.
- Develop improvements upon existing technology and methods, acting unilaterally with Engineering, or with others, and make recommendations for their improvements.
- Monitor and/or evaluate current or potential problems with resulting action or plan to eliminate problem.
- Research manuals and drawings; prepare sketches and Purchase Requisitions for procurement of replacement parts and supplies.
- Responsible to maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly condition according to GMPs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- Requires the knowledge gained through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program or equivalent years of experience and on the job training.
- 1 to 4 years of related work experience in maintenance roles with similar duties as described above .
WHAT WE OFFER
Here at Fleet, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- SAFTEY – is our top priority
- ENVIRONMENT – Clean, air-conditioned environment, GMP
- BENEFITS – hiring bonus, competitive wages, paid time off, 401(K) retirement savings with company match, medical, dental and vision at the lowest rates around, annual bonus, life insurance, flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement
- STABILITY – a record of strong financial performance and a growing company, a business in the community for over 150 years
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.