Intern-Supply Chain (Tarrytown, NY)
The Supply Chain internship takes place in our Tarrytown, NY office. You will receive broad exposure to supply chain operations for OTC drug consumer packaged goods particularly in the areas of sourcing and procurement. You will have an on-the-job structured experience with our sourcing team under the leadership of our VP of Sourcing & Procurement.
- Completion of 3rd year of 4 or more years of college studies toward a BS/BA in supply chain management, engineering, business administration or related course of study
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good data analytical skills and computer-savvy
- Knowledge of supply market research methodologies and purchasing best practices helpful
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to details and good problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Good MS Office skills; Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and have applicable proof of eligibility.
You will develop your supply chain, business analytics, customer service, and leadership capabilities while assisting us with our supply chain projects which may include:
- Review and understand basic production capacity and utilization models
- Conduct internal Prestige reviews of major suppliers
- Assist with process standardization, documentation, and work-flow design
- Assist with implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Collect, organize and maintain key suppliers information
- Collect BOM data (e.g., SKU #, supplier, raw or component description, historic pricing) for our key brands
- Prepare and submit detailed reports and keep updated records
- Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Attend meetings and events to keep abreast of market trends.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.