Manager, Package and Materials Engineering (Lynchburg, VA)
We are looking for a Manager, Package & Materials Engineering for our Lynchburg, VA facility. This position is responsible for managing and leading a diverse set of projects with a focus on product and process innovation and improvements, developing and interpretating drawings for equipment and complex packaging components with a focus on product and process innovation, quality, safety and effectiveness. The role requires strong cross-functional business acumen demonstrated by working with multiple departments such as Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Quality, Maintenance, Engineering and Operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Coordination & project management of production improvements & package development products.
- Develop and use best practices for injection molded part design, mold tooling design and design for assembly principles and techniques.
- Create, review and approve technical part drawings by using 3D CAD software to facilitate effective tool designs including gating, cooling, ejection and shrinkage allowances.
- Review and assess factors that affect design decisions such as manufacturing equipment, material selection, part tolerances, product usage and cost.
- Assist in the implementation of engineering DFMEA’s and design review documentation.
- Complete assigned projects on time and on cost that meets or exceeds customer expectations internal and external.
- Work with suppliers, mold makers, Product Development and other departments to resolve design development, manufacturing, quality and service issues.
- Foster close cooperative relationships with all functions in the company and with external international suppliers and manufacturers.
- Work closely with Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, and Quality to evaluate the capabilities of potential Equipment and materials and assist with/approve validation activities
- Refine and enforce policies with particular emphasis on compliance to the company’s Quality System and external regulatory standards including ISO 13485 and FDA regulations
- Other requirements as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from accredited university or college in Packaging or Mechanical Engineering and/or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years in design, mold making, injection molding and plastic production experience within a consumer products organization – FDA regulated industry preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the FDA guidance for ISO 13485 Standard
- Ability to lead technical exploration and provide technical advice to both internal and external associates
- Ability to identify, problem solve and interpret complex engineering problems
- High proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Solidworks and Adobe Illustrator
- Proven ability to work successfully in cross functional teams
WHAT WE OFFER
Fleet is part of Prestige Consumer Healthcare, a major player in over-the-counter personal healthcare products with over $1 billion in sales. You may come for the job, but what you’ll get is the opportunity to have it grow into a great career. Here are some other things to consider…
You will be able to use and grow your talents to help breathe new life into our iconic brands by finding creative ways to package our widespread portfolio of products. The work is fascinating and challenging. We have top notch health/welfare benefits and an FSA savings plans too. We provide a solid company match on your 401(k) contribution that vests 100% immediately. We have a consistent record of paying good bonuses. We provide time-off benefits and workplace flexibility to help you better manage your work and family obligations. We offer unlimited and free access to learning opportunities through LinkedIn Learning and other trainings.
Connect with us at: www.prestigebrands.com
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.