Manager-Package Engineer (Tarrytown, NY)
Prestige is seeking a Manager of Package Engineering who will be responsible for managing and leading a diverse set of projects with a focus on product and process innovation; developing and interpretating drawings for medical devices and complex packaging components with a focus on product and process innovation, quality, safety and effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination and project management of medical device and package development products.
- Develop and use best practices for injection molded part design, mold tooling design and design for assembly principles and techniques.
- Create, review and approve technical part drawings by using 3D CAD software to facilitate effective tool designs including gating, cooling, ejection and shrinkage allowances.
- Review and asses factors that affect design decisions such as manufacturing equipment, material selection, part tolerances, product usage and cost.
- Assist in the implementation of engineering DFMEA’s and design review documentation.
- Complete assigned projects on time and on cost that meets or exceeds customer expectations internal and external.
- Work with suppliers, mold makers, Product Development and other departments to resolve design development, manufacturing, quality and service issues.
- Foster close cooperative relationships with all functions in the company and with external international suppliers and manufacturers.
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing and Quality to evaluate the capabilities of potential contract manufacturers and assist with/approve validation activities
- Refine and enforce policies with particular emphasis on compliance to the company’s Quality System and external regulatory standards including ISO 13485 and FDA regulations
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from accredited university or college in Packaging or Mechanical Engineering and/or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years in design, mold making, injection molding and plastic production experience within a consumer products organization – FDA regulated industry preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the FDA guidance for Medical Device Design and ISO 13485 Standard
- Ability to lead technical exploration and provide technical advice to both internal and external associates
- Ability to identify, problem solve and interpret complex engineering problems
- High proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Solidworks and Adobe Illustrator
- Proven ability to work successfully in cross functional teams
Travel: 25% International travel
OFFICE HOURS: In this position you will be able to work from home Monday and Friday, and must be able to work in the Tarrytown Office on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for a total workweek of 40+ hours.
Physical Demands: Ability to stand, sit, lift office materials (books, binders, boxes).
Work Environment: Office Environment. Ability to work on computer, answer phones, speak to customers. Work with surrounding office noise.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.