Manager, Processing and Blow Molding Operations (Lynchburg, VA)
Responsible for processing and blow molding methods and controls while safely meeting production requirements and quality standards in a multishift cGMP environment.
- Develop, implement and monitor procedures for processing raw material into batches & bottles, including testing, cleanup and storage.
- Budgetary responsibility for $2,700,000. Major direct impact on profitability.
- Assure compliance with GMP, corporate and other regulatory standards for quality and safety of all areas of responsibility.
- Plan and implement batch processing and line changeovers meeting business demands per the production schedule.
- Plan and implement bottle production to meet business demands per the production schedule.
- Develop, analyze and communicate relevant reports for areas of responsibility.
- Develop the skills of subordinates to their fullest potential.
- Lead or participate on cross-functional teams to support corporate/departmental goals.
- Develop and administer assigned corporate plans such as budgets.
- Perform a variety of personnel related activities such as hiring, training, appraising, communicating and salary changes.
- Interact with outside vendors to discuss quality problems, new material evaluations, and new technology availability
- Interact with Purchasing, Packaging, Research and Development, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Maintenance, Human Resources, Finance, and Distribution, in coordination of activities and solving technical problems.
- Ensure regulatory and corporate compliance.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Operational Performance
- Ensure department goals are aligned with plant business imperatives.
- Ensure performance goals are met.
- Establish and ensure achievement of all unit Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards (e.g., financial, code of business conduct) and adherence to company policies.
- Support business processes and requirements.
KPI Accountabilities/Responsible to Influence
- Safety Incident Rate (%)
- # of achieved cost reductions
- Planned budget/actual budget (%)
- Determine resource planning and deployment strategy.
- Ensure systems and processes are in place to maintain smooth operations during employee absences and staffing changes.
- Foster a culture that values diversity and promotes respect, inclusion, cooperation and responsibility.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or the equivalent.
- Minimum of seven years of related experience including three years of managerial experience in a cGMP production environment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Must have knowledge of domestic and international cGMP’s and experience with computers and related software.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.