Microbiology Supervisor (Lynchburg, VA)
For over 150 years, Fleet Laboratories’ success has come from adapting to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so will we-- with unique new technologies and products that help you look and feel your best. Our commitment to quality and innovation has never been stronger. Working here at our location in Lynchburg, VA, you will feel part of a team that works together to meet our consumer needs.
Fleet Laboratories is seeking a Supervisor, Microbiology to assure the microbiological quality of raw materials, bulk products, finished products, R&D development and stability samples by conducting, coordinating, and reporting test results and analyses in compliance with established standards and specifications. The supervisor will participate in the training of applicable departments on the importance of cGMPs to avoid microbial contamination, will lead and write investigations related to microbiological issues, and ensure the Microbiology Laboratory remains in compliance with current procedures and industry standards.
- Supervision of the microbiologists in the Quality Control Laboratory
- Coordinate compendial or in-house microbiological testing according to established standards and specifications
- Provide R&D with support for new product preservative selection and concentration
- Design microbiological test protocols that will deliver data to support decisions
- Lead and write investigations related to microbiological issues.
- Undertake a variety of projects related to the quality of raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, and outside vendors, stability and validation studies.
- Participate with equipment monitoring, maintenance, and use of control organisms, and equipment calibrations in the Microbiology Laboratory.
- Moderate direct impact on profitability results from maintaining proper technical control over product quality.
- Participate in the development and auditing of procedures and work instructions to comply with cGMPs, EU, OSHA, and EPA regulatory requirements. Perform a variety of related record keeping and reporting functions.
- Design test procedures and perform microbiological testing on developmental R&D samples.
- Detect, investigate, report, and follow-up on microbiological quality issues.
- Assist with microbiological training, support, and expertise to R&D and Production.
- Ensure compliance and identify and notify management immediately any Risks.
- Perform the microbiological aspect of validation protocols, including sanitations and new equipment.
- Review new methods, equipment, etc. related to microbiological testing and bring any valuable information to attention of Fleet management.
- Prepare and provide group training to employees in coordination with QA for analytical quality control, microbiological protocols, safety and cGMP.
- Write and execute microbial equipment qualification protocols and calibration of systems.
- Training junior level microbiologists. Cross-train chemists for basic microbiological work.
- BS degree in a scientific discipline (biology or microbiology preferred), and a
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in microbiology laboratory work.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.