Demand Planning Analyst
Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. markets and sells well recognized brand name consumer products in two categories: over-the-counter health care products and household cleaning products. We operate in niche segments within these categories in which the strength of our brand names, our established retail distribution network, a low cost operating model and an experienced management team are key to our success. Our brands are sold throughout the United States, Canada, and in certain international markets.
The Demand Planner is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing Forecasting and Demand Planning Systems. Ensures that Forecasting and Demand Planning activities are timely and completed in accordance with established quality standards and procedures. Assists in development and implementation of policies that ensure effective completion of forecasting and demand planning functions. Coordinates closely with related departments to maintain operations schedules and effects necessary changes and revisions. Completes related documentation as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective Forecasting Department planning, policies, and procedures.
a. Assists Director of Forecasting and other Senior Management in developing short and long term Sales forecasts. Provides suggestions and recommendations to ensure product inventory levels are at an acceptable level and that customers remain in stock on all items including new product launches.
b. Participates in developing Forecasting Department policies and procedures and ensures that they support and complement Company-wide strategic objectives.
c. Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies. Ensures that policies are updated and in accordance with evolving production and quality standards.
d. Participates in budget development including monthly, quarterly and annual sales projections.
2. Assumes responsibility for the efficient, timely, and accurate completion of Forecasting function.
a. Generates monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts for assigned Brands and Customers.
b. Assists in monitoring Forecasting System development. Identifies problems, reports and resolves them quickly and effectively.
c . Participates in Forecasting System training including marketing, sales, operations and finance
d. As required assit in writing Forecasting procedure documents and completes related reports and record
3. Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Company personnel and management.
a. Works closely with third-party distributors and internal departments such as Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations to produce timely and accurate Forecasts for the business.
b. Provides assistance and support to related departments as required.
c. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
b. Stays informed of developments and changes in Forecasting techniques and methods.
5. Completes special projects as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Technology, or related field required. Four or more years experience in demand planning function, experience in supply chain areas desirablee.
Strong understanding of forecasting, demand planning, procedures, and standards.
Use of SAP and APO for forecasting. Knowledge of forecasting and demand planning processes.
Well organized with strong planning and management skills.
Attention to detail, Quality orientation, Able to organize multiple projects, Strong problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others – demonstrates ability to deliver strong business results by working collaboratively with both internal and external resource effectively. Utilizes resources effectively to overcome challenges and achieve business objectives. Takes ownership where appropriate.
- Independent priority-setting – prioritizes tasks to maximize impact and results with limited resources and time. Correctly and consistently assesses and prioritizes what is mission-critical, nice to complete, or not central to achieving the goals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – ability to convert analysis into insights and actionable plans. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them. Resourceful at achieving objectives / results despite obstacles. Comfortable making conclusions with incomplete information.
- Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and cross-functional counterparts and agencies. Ability to build strong and productive relationships with agency, cross-functional teams, and vendors despite differences.
- Program management – ensures completion of key deliverables and milestones in a timely and consistent manner. Results are completed with quality, quantity and consistency.
- Results orientation – focuses not only on what needs to be achieved, but also makes sure that it’s done the right way.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self-reliant / proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
No Sponsorship: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
#HybridWork: We follow a Hybrid work schedule. All applicants must be able to work in our Tarrytown office Tues/Wed/Thurs (remote on Mon/Fri).
Salary Range: 80K-100K and takes into consideration several factors including, but not limited to, experience, location, and market conditions.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.