Senior Scientist, Product Innovation (Tarrytown, NY)
Remote until Sept 8; then 3-in office / 2-in home hybrid model.
The Senior Scientist provides product development support to the Product Innovation & Marketing team as a highly organized, analytical, and creative team player who will help drive new product development from idea identification, proof of concept, product development, testing and commercialization. This role works across multiple brands but with initial focus in skin care in a highly dynamic and collaborative matrix environment with technical and non-technical partners. There also will be the opportunity for the Scientist to “own” brand-level R&D responsibility for a smaller brand and work directly with marketing on developing and executing an NPD pipeline. A strong R&D product development background and experience in the skin care OTC pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Support the identification, development, evaluation, and commercialization of new technologies in multiple brands and categories through the lens of unmet consumer needs. Categories may include oral care, eye care, digestive care, pain relief, skin care, lice treatment, women’s health, and pediatrics. Formulated products for OTC oral and topical drugs as well as medical devices are the major focus.
- Brainstorm, develop scientific support, and gain alignment with Legal and Regulatory for novel consumer claims.
- Participate in the development and interpretation of consumer research to understand the consumer experience with products and categories, ultimately translating into value enhancement opportunities against specific brand strategies.
- Participate in regular cross-functional NPD meetings throughout the product development process.
- Help manage external teams in development of product formulations. There is not a formulation or analytical lab in the Prestige HQ. Hands-on lab work is done by manufacturers, formulation houses, raw material suppliers, etc. The Scientist will help advise and work with these external parties.
- Conducts meetings to ensure that cross-functional teams are well informed of changes in programs, policies, and procedures.
- Provides assistance and support as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline. (i.e. Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Sciences/Engineering, Medical Devices). 10+ years of relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: R&D product development or technical transfer, preferably in the personal care, medical device, pharmaceutical, or consumer packaged goods industry; or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.