Technical Services Manager - OTC cGMP (Tarrytown, NY)
Prestige Consumer Healthcare brings product innovation and quality to over-the-counter healthcare products to better improve the lives of our customers and their families. For generations, our trusted brands have helped consumers care for themselves and their loved ones. We continually improve and create products that match the ever-changing lifestyles and needs of people globally.
The Senior Manager, Technical Services will be responsible for managing a diverse set of projects with a focus on product formulas, formulation, and process innovation along with planning and directing work for technology transfer and technical support projects for OTC monograph drugs, OTC NDAs, Medical Devices, Cosmetics, and Dietary Supplement products. This role requires a solid technical background in formulation development, manufacturing process technologies, and industry best practices. The individual will manage technology transfers, process scale-up, formula and process improvements, help troubleshoot manufacturing issues, and support projects in collaboration with New Product Development, Operations, Quality, Regulatory, External Partners, and other business units as needed. Reports to: Vice President, Sourcing, Procurement and Technical Services
#hybridwork- Work in Tarrytown Office Tues/Weds/Thurs. Work from home on Mon/Fri.
- Provide technical input and critical insight for selecting external suppliers, advising on vendor technical and engineering capability and expertise and the potential technical risks.
- Lead cross-functional and joint company teams to ensure collaboration from key stakeholders during project execution
- Manage formulation and process activities for technology transfer and scale up processes for product sourcing improvement initiatives for existing products/processes. Consult with NPD team on similar activities for new product launch initiatives as needed
- Prepare product and process knowledge documents and technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends to establish initial batch documentation or resolve manufacturing issues and discrepancies, and ensure they are compliant with regulatory requirements when needed to support regulatory filings.
- Affect outcomes by creating and enhancing collaborative and trusting relationships internally and with external partners.
- In cooperation with external partners, monitor, track, and trend process performance during technical transfer, facilitate issues resolution and recommend corrective actions and process improvements as required to ensure acceptable productivity and quality during and after project implementation.
- Ensure the successful completion of technical projects by establishing project timelines and budgets and organizing project resources.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of current and new formulation and manufacturing technologies.
- Effectively communicate complex technical issues and periodically deliver concise presentations of the status of the projects to senior leadership and non-technical stakeholders.
- Evaluate existing formulas, production processes and systems to identify opportunities for cost savings and other improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/chemical engineering, or equivalent technical field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in pharmaceutical, medical device or OTC cGMP compliant manufacturing environment
- Ability to identify, interpret, and problem solve complex formulation and processing problems
- Capable of making sound technical decisions on a wide range of formulation and processing issues
- Ability to lead technology exploration and provide technical advice to both internal and external associates
- Demonstrated ability to interact with third party partners and successfully lead cross-functional and joint company teams with the ability to influence, and negotiate. Strong persuasion, presentation and negotiation skills are essential
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience with process specification and design; product scale up; pilot and small scale manufacture; phase in/phase out of production planning
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office / Project or similar products
Salary Range: 120K-145K. Offer of salary is based on experience, location and market conditions.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.