Packaging Engineer (Tarrytown, NY)
Our Package Development Engineer is responsible for managing a diverse set of projects with a focus on product and process innovation, quality, cGMP, safety and effectiveness in a FDA regulated environment and working in a cross-functional capacity with marketing, quality, regulatory affairs, supply chain, legal and other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop new packaging for product launches with emphasis on innovation, quality standards and cost effectiveness
- Facilitate and coordinate project activities to minimize project timelines
- Participate in cross-functional teams that include marketing, regulatory, quality, supply chain and other departments
- Responsible for creating preliminary product cost estimates and bill of materials
- Create and issue component and finished goods specifications
- Initiate and support ongoing product sourcing and cost of goods reduction projects
- Foster close cooperative relationships with external suppliers and manufacturers
- Follow internal policies with particular emphasis on compliance to the company’s Quality System, cGMP and external regulatory standards including ISO 13485 and FDA regulations
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from accredited university or college in packaging and/or related field preferred
- 5+ years of packaging engineering experience with a consumer products organization
- Ability to lead technology exploration and provide technical advice to both internal and external associates
- Ability to identify, problem solve and interpret complex packaging engineering problems
- Capable of making sound technical decisions on a wide range of issues regarding both packaging and filling operations
- Knowledge of SAP, CAPE, TOPS, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD
Travel: 20% via car, plane, rail (currently under a travel ban due to Covid-19 and working from home since March 2020)
Physical Demands: Ability to stand, sit, lift office materials (books, binders, boxes).
Work Environment: Office Environment. Ability to work on computer, answer phones, speak to customers, work with surrounding office noise. Currently in a temporary work from home environment due to Coivid-19.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.