Quality Engineer – 1st Shift (Lynchburg, VA)
For over 150 years, Fleet Laboratories, a Prestige Consumer Healthcare Company, has adapted to consumer needs with creative thinking and innovative product development. We are a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty care products that consumers have come to trust: Summer’s Eve, Dramamine, Clear Eyes, Fleet Enema, Compound W, Luden’s, TheraTears, DenTek and dozens more helping people look and feel their best.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer for 1st Shift. This position provides Quality Assurance support for various Quality System functions. The primary job function includes support for investigations, internal audits, CAPA, and calibrations. This role also supports the development of various technical documents: technical and manufacturing requirements, SOPs, specifications, and summary reports.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensure quality activities are completed in accordance with procedures and cGMPs.
- Complete complex and critical manufacturing, packaging, material, testing, and complaint investigations by utilizing root cause analysis tools and technical writing skills to document findings, corrective and preventive actions, and to recommend disposition.
- Support inspection of products related to investigations
- Participate in the Internal Audit Program by serving as lead auditor or audit team member.
- Review and approve calibration documents and maintenance work orders.
- Prepare and review technical reports for Annual Product Reviews
- Review corrective and preventive action plans for completeness
- Perform training for Quality personnel and other company personnel, as necessary.
- Create, revise, and review standard operating procedures.
- Perform all other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU WILL BRING
- BS degree in a scientific discipline or the equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in GMP environment and validation protocol preparation and execution.
- Experience in root cause analysis investigations, CAPA, and cGMP Quality Systems
WHAT WE OFFER
Come join a manufacturing business producing familiar iconic brands that you know and use, a business that has supported the Lynchburg community for over 150 years. Take the first step toward a great career and enjoy:
- Our wonderfully diverse and talented employees;
- A clean, air-conditioned cGMP environment;
- Our training and employee development programs helping to make tomorrow’s leaders;
- Our top-notch benefits that include paid time off, 401(k) retirement savings with company match, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, competitive pay, a flexible spending account, tuition reimbursement and more;
- Our stability and historically strong record of financial performance year-after-year.
Learn more about us at www.prestigebrands.com
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.