Regulatory Affairs-Intern (Summer 2023)
Reports To: Manager, Regulatory Affairs
Prestige Consumer Healthcare markets and sells well-recognized brand-name consumer products in the over-the-counter health care products categories. We operate in niche segments within these categories in which the strength of our brand names, our established retail distribution network, low-cost operating model, and experienced management team are key to our success. Our brands are sold in the United States, Canada, and in certain international markets.
Our summer Regulatory Affairs Intern position supports Regulatory Affairs in a variety of short-term projects and tasks. This in-person position works approximately 3 days/ 24 hours per week. The candidate will work closely with and report to the Regulatory Affairs leadership team to gain experience in the RA life cycle process.
In this role, the Intern will have exposure to the broad scope of global Regulatory Affairs. While providing valuable support to a dynamic group, the Intern gains insight into regulatory pathways; how drugs, medical devices, dietary supplements, and cosmetics are brought to market, and promoted within the legal frameworks governed by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Perform research and analysis, through internal and external resources, as needed to support regulatory initiatives.
- Prepare forms for review and submission to EPA, FDA, Health Canada, or foreign regulatory authorities.
- Conduct a preliminary review of product applications and labeling for errors in spelling, grammar, or general formatting.
- Provide administrative support; perform product and manufacturing site registrations including drug/device listings, for the US and Canada markets, data entry into the WERCSmart/ Smarter Sorting portal
- Aid departmental efforts to organize, update and maintain electronic regulatory files.
- Student currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, pursuing a degree majoring in scientific, pharmacy, or engineering-related fields or similar areas of focus
- High level of organizational and planning skills
- Analytical, problem-solving skillset
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, able to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work well in teams in an effective and positive manner
- Possess a can-do approach and courage to speak your voice and suggest innovative ideas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior work in an office setting is highly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe PDF software
Salary: Intern salary rate varies (range $-$) with experience
Hybrid Work Model: In office: Tues., Weds. & Thurs.); Remote: Monday’s & Friday’s
SPONSORSHIP and RELOCATION are not available for this role.
**Must have valid Social Security number to apply for role.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.