The Sales Director is an account management role for specific categories of our Walmart / Sam’s Club business to deliver on growth targets for sales volume, gross margin and market share. This sales role works with a cross-functional team of business analysts, category development managers, supply chain professionals, and other sales and administrative personnel to understand and meet the needs of the Walmart / Sam’s Club business to further enhance this key customer relationship.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Management of Prestige's oral care, first aid and foot care categories at Walmart/Sam’s
- Effectively lead group to initiate thoughts and ideas, implementing business plans and strategies to achieve volume and profit objectives
- Communicate and penetrate all levels of account in effective manner.
- Utilize tools such as Tabs, IRI and various category information spreadsheets and other data to support a fact based approach to selling/decision making.
- Negotiate with customers to generate fair terms
- Lead category management resources to identify opportunities, create selling components to accomplish engagements with the customer.
- Lead designated trade marketing manager to identify and implement appropriate business tactics that support overall Prestige and individual brand strategies.
- Develop and maintain forecast by gross dollars, ANS% and units for production planning and overall business understanding.
- Develop and maintain annual trade spending budget
- Achieve rapid retail distribution of designated priority items in assigned accounts
- Execute promotion planning and sales activities directed toward mutually profitable business growth.
- Initiate and maintain internal and external communication to foster excitement yet convey challenges in a professional manner
- Coordinate and encourage cross functional contacts and activities between Prestige and account which support our overall business development/partnering efforts.
- Foster innovation and creativity and can effectively exercise conceptual program development
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus with account Decision Makers
- Ability to interact with senior management of both Prestige Brands and the customer.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Enthusiasm with a strong desire to achieve results
- Ability to effectively manage time, multiple functions and balance priorities
- Working knowledge of industry issues including but not limited to category management, marketing skills, market trends, financial positioning and short and long term growth strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 or more years experience in sales, or equivalent combination of experience and training that demostrates proficiency in this role.
- Strong technical skills involving inventory reconciliation, cost analysis and month-end close.
- Solid decision making skills and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Capability to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines; work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Capability to work in a team environment with varied departments and diverse personalities.
- Detailed oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, and Intermediate to Advanced in MS Excel programs
Position is located in Northwest Arkansas
Travel: Ability to travel without encumbrances via car, rail, plane. Possession of valid driver’s license. Sufficient credit rating to allow issuance of Company credit card for travel purposes.