Senior Manager, Category Development & Analysis (Tarrytown, NY)
The Senior Manager, Category Development & Analytics is responsible for maximizing profits in a given category of products, to identify and capture current and future sales opportunities across all brands and sales teams with the aim to exceed annual profit targets. This person works in partnership with sales and marketing to establish the vision for the category development function for Women’s Health, Eye Care & Oral Care categories, and create and implement strategic category management plans including category platforms, product placement, distribution priorities and new item commercialization to drive increased sales and profit for both the brand and the retail customers.
The Senior Manager of Category Development will lead the cross-functional team (i.e. marketing, sales and operations, etc.) in the collaboration of all sales materials for all “go to market” strategies and be responsible for leading insight generation that will help the sales organization understand current trends, identify key growth opportunities, new item sell-in and develop or modify trade strategies.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred.
- Must have at least 7 years of CPG category management relevant experience, preferably on a category captain or leader brand – either internal or field based, and/or category development, plus shipment and consumption analytics experience.
- Experience working with syndicated databases IRI/Nielson and database management.
- Experience with analysis of shopper data (consumer insight) and loyalty card data.
- Able to demonstrate high proficiency in communication (verbal, written & computer) skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, sales skills, time management, project management, employee development, leadership skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and develop recommendations from disparate data sources
- Ability to develop and create compelling product sell-in strategies
- Ability to collaborate and effectively work cross functionally
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong knowledge of third party and direct distribution channels, pricing policies, and promotions strategies
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite: Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Some travel involved (air, rail, car) when we once again allow business travel
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.