Sr. Product Design Engineer- Tarrytown, NY
As a Senior Product Design Engineer you will work closely with cross-functional teams in Prestige Brand’s corporate headquarters in Tarrytown, NY focusing on new product development primarily for the oral care brands. You will be a member of a cross-functional team to help take New Product Ideas from concept ideation through process qualification. Forging strong relationships with global 3rd party manufacturers will be critical to successfully commercialize the designs. At times, you may be called upon to provide support for continuing operations. The position will report to the Senior Director, New Product Innovation.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to ideate new product concepts
- Work closely with designers and manufacturing on design and feasibility assessment
- Modify and refine new product designs, using Solidworks, for manufacturability
- Build prototypes by interfacing with domestic and foreign suppliers along with internal 3D printer
- Identify, evaluate and specify appropriate materials to ensure product performance
- Develop performance specification and testing methods for new products
- Manage interactions with global tool shops and suppliers to build unit and production tools
- Review mold simulations to optimize key molding parameters such as fill, balance, warp and cooling.
- Help troubleshoot problematic injection molding processes during sampling or production.
- Review and approve supplier-developed mold designs
- Provide on-site leadership at global tool shops and suppliers to ensure on-time product launch
- Management of CAD 2D/3D assemblies and drawings
- Lead cross-functional technical team from development through validation
- Create test specifications for validation and verification of new and existing designs
- Document and maintain engineering project schedules utilizing Smartsheet
- Work with the legal team to support IP clearance and patent filing for all Innovation projects
- Identify and collaborate with 3rd party partners that can provide proprietary technical capabilities
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering field required
- Engineering products for injection molding manufacturing
- Expert in Solidworks (or other 3D software that would minimize transition to Solidworks)
- Ability to rapidly convert 3D concept designs to complete 2D/3D product design drawings
- Injection molding processing and troubleshooting
- 5+ years’ experience
- 3+ years’ design and analysis experience
- 2+ years’ experience in plastic injection mold design (2-shot molding, over-molding preferred)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work with people in an effective and positive manner
- Ability to work independently toward project goals and timelines
- Successful track record of leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to explore and select resins to meet design and manufacturing criteria
- Experience in working with offshore suppliers and third party design/engineering groups
- Preferred experience with Class I & II over-the-counter medical devices
This position offers the ability for a Hybrid Workweek, Monday and Friday work from home, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in the Tarrytown Office.
Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.