Staff Accountant (Lynchburg, VA)
For over 150 years, Fleet Laboratories’ success has come from adapting to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so will we-- with unique new technologies and products that help you look and feel your best.
At Fleet Laboratories, the future is bright and our commitment to quality and innovation has never been stronger.
We are looking for a STAFF ACCOUNTANT who will be responsible for general ledger and other business transactions for both external and management reporting, the reconciling of accounts, the documentation of processes and controls, and the analyses, preparation and reporting of financial results for month, quarter and year-end. This role also works closely with internal and external auditors and reports to an Accounting Manager The role supports our cGMP OTC drug and cosmetics production facility. The group reports to the Company’s global headquarters in Tarrytown, NY, as part of Prestige Consumer Healthcare’s controllership team. Prestige is a public company traded in the NYSE under the ticker PBH.
- Complete assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Achieve departmental goals and objectives as well as personal developmental goals.
- Apply discretion, confidentiality and judgment in decision making and day-to-day application of responsibilities.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Reconcile accounts including the cash accounts to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Maintain the fixed asset system including assisting in the review and closure of capital projects.
- File sales tax returns and other tax returns as needed.
- Review and process the Medicaid invoices including working with state representatives.
- Provide monthly management reporting and other reports as needed.
- Provide documentation for internal and external audits.
- Review accounts payable invoices, employee expense reports and troubleshoot issues.
- Audit Visa and American Express expense reports.
- Assist in month/quarter/year-end closing processes.
- Assist in payroll duties as needed.
- Assist in administrative tasks as needed.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- BA/BS degree in accounting.
- 3-5 years of experience in public/private accounting, preferably in consumer goods industry with revenues exceeding $100 million.
- CPA license or demonstrating progress toward achieving CPA
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of US GAAP.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and good understanding use of other computer applications, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Experience working in SAP a plus.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.