Supervisor, Quality Control - 3rd Shift (Lynchburg, VA)
Fleet Laboratories, a cGMP manufacturing operation, is seeking a Supervisor, QC - 3rd Shift to provide technical expertise and guidance to the Quality Control (QC) staff concerning analyses on all sample types using established methods, standards, and specifications and applying solid knowledge of cGMP and FDA guidelines. This role will review and approve laboratory investigation reports (LIR) and analysis reports (AR) using SAP, and lead training and instruction of QC personnel. Will assign work to chemists and technicians, prioritize schedule and work assignments on daily basis and conduct shift change meetings. This role will also review and update databases on a regular basis. May require assistance on weekends and phone support as necessary.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reports to Manager, Quality Control and direct supervisor for all three shifts.
- Update product databases on a daily basis .
- Perform testing as necessary to achieve QC goals according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), test methods and cGMP requirements.
- Notify management of non-conformances immediately and initiate lab investigation reports (LIR) and Notice of Event (NOE) when required.
- Ensure on-time completion of finished products and raw material releases, laboratory investigation (LIRs), Notice of Event (NOE) and CAPAs.
- Ensure documentation is complete and correct with raw data maintained and calculations completed.
- Ensure training has been completed for all individuals performing testing in the QC Chemistry lab.
- Ensure all the laboratory equipment calibrations are up to date by engaging with outside contractors as well as performing internal calibrations and assigning same to lab personnel.
- Perform and assist with Validation Activities.
- Coordinate and communicate on regular basis with all shift group leaders, supervisors and lab manager.
- Lead QC staff in timely completion of analysis for all sample types and assure compliance with all regulations.
- Release products and stability samples and prepare Certificates of Analysis (COA) for finished products.
- Create and review procedures, analytical methods, specifications, and stability studies.
- Participate in the auditing of the laboratory and procedures to comply with cGMP, OSHA, and EPA regulatory requirements.
- Use considerable judgment skills to detect, investigate, and report technical quality problems.
- Responsible for ensuring SOPs for the department are current and the staff is properly trained.
- Responsible for the generation of monthly reports regarding QC performance metrics.
- Ability to prioritize pending tasks and manage time with limited supervision.
- Develop, coordinate, and perform the validation function for QC analytical procedures and assist with validation activities of product manufacturing systems.
- Assist R&D with analytical methods and specifications. Perform record keeping and reporting functions.
- Create laboratory reports for APR documents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU WILL BRING
- Requires a BS degree in Chemistry, or the equivalent and a minimum of six years of experience in a Quality Control Laboratory, including one year of supervisory experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The start of a great career working with a diverse group of great people
- The health and safety of every employee... our top priority
- A clean, air-conditioned cGMP environment
- Top notch benefits – paid time off, 401(K) retirement savings with company match, medical, dental and vision, pay annual targeted bonus, competitive pay, life insurance, flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement
- Stability – a record of strong financial performance and part of a growing $1 billion company
- A business in the Lynchburg community for over 150 years.
Connect with us at: www.prestigebrands.com
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.