Supply Planner (Tarrytown, NY)
Supply & Demand Planning
Prestige Consumer Healthcare is a company that focuses on product innovation and quality in the over-the-counter healthcare category to better improve the lives of our customers and their world. For generations, our trusted brands have helped consumers care for themselves and their loved ones. We are the largest independent provider of over-the-counter products in North America and we are constantly improving and creating products that match the ever-changing lifestyles and needs of people and families everywhere.
The Supply Planner is responsible for managing and performing detailed finished goods production planning, inventory management, and purchasing functions within the supply planning team. The role is accountable for all assigned supply management activities for multiple over-the-counter (OTC) drug and personal care products. This role actively contributes and takes a leadership role within a cross functional team in the discovery, development and delivery to customers of current and newly launched products. This role offers visibility and opportunity to contribute directly to the company's success by achieving target service level goals, inventory levels, launching new products on time, and minimizing finished good and component obsolescence. The Supply Planning Manager has the ability to manage and train Supply Planners, perform data analytics, and recommend and execute process and system improvements.
- Performs master production scheduling for assigned brands.
- Proficiency in SAP, preferred.
- Utilizes SAP MRP for managing supply planning duties. Issues PO’s and forecasts to contract manufacturers.
- Develops and maintains safety stock levels for all finished goods.
- Responsible for inventory management of all finished goods and select components.
- Identifies opportunities for inventory reduction and reduces waste/scrap.
- Responsible for over 30 planning fields in SAP master data.
- Responsible for S&OP process for assigned brands.
- Works with cross functional teams including Marketing, Sales, Strategic Sourcing, Project Management, Product Innovation, Packaging Development, Quality, Regulatory, Tech Transfers, Logistics, and Customer Service.
- Participates in project team meetings to update the teams on supply chain management topics.
- Coordinates efforts with Sourcing and/or Quality for resolution of supplier issues.
- Works with accounting to resolve payment issues, assists in identifying and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Communicates to management and the project teams material and/or supplier problems that may impact the supply chain along with possible solutions.
- Resolves discrepancies with quantity, delivery, cost and quality proactively and reactively.
- Responsible for various weekly / monthly reports.
- Ad hoc tasks and analysis per manager’s request.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or supply chain.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of five years supply chain planning experience.
- Expertise with ERP system, SAP experience a plus.
- Written and verbal communication skills including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
- Six Sigma or LEAN methodologies a plus.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure is necessary to be successful in this role.
Travel: Approximately 10%, domestic or international may be required, ability to travel via car, train, or plane.
No Sponsorship: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
#HybridWork: We follow a Hybrid work schedule. All applicants must be able to work in our Tarrytown office Tues/Wed/Thurs (remote on Mon/Fri).
Salary Range: 90K -105K and takes into consideration several factors including, but not limited to, experience, location, and market conditions.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.