Supply Planning Manager (Tarrytown, NY)
Supply & Demand Planning
We have a key leadership supply planning role to manage and perform detailed finished goods production planning, inventory management, purchasing functions and all supply planning activities for multiple over-the-counter (OTC) drug and personal care products produced largely by contract manufacturers. This role actively contributes and takes a leadership role within a cross functional team in the discovery, development and delivery to customers of current and newly launched products. In this highly visible position, you will contribute directly to the company's success by achieving target service level goals, inventory levels, launching new products on time, and minimizing finished goods and component obsolescence. You will manage and train supply planners, perform data analytics, and recommend and execute process and system improvements.
Some of the Major Responsibilities/Activities include:
- Master production scheduling for assigned brands
- Manage and train supply planners
- Expert SAP user and ability to train supply planners on all related functions in SAP
- Recommend and execute process and system improvements
- Utilize SAP MRP for managing supply planning duties. Issue PO’s and forecasts to contract manufacturers
- Develop and maintain safety stock levels for all finished goods
- Inventory management of all finished goods and select components
- Identifies opportunities for inventory reduction and reduces waste/scrap
- Responsible for over 30 planning fields in SAP master data
- Approve Bills of Materials (BOM) along with packaging development
- Responsible for S&OP process for assigned brands
- Work with cross functional teams including Marketing, Sales, Strategic Sourcing, Project Management, Product Innovation, Packaging Development, Quality, Regulatory, Tech Transfers, Logistics, and Customer Service
- Participate in project team meetings to update the teams on supply chain management topics
- Coordinate efforts with Sourcing and/or Quality for resolution of supplier issues
- Work with accounting to resolve payment issues, assists in identifying and resolving inventory discrepancies
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as defined by the department
- Communicate to management and the project teams material and/or supplier problems that may impact the supply chain along with possible solutions
- Resolve discrepancies with quantity, delivery, cost and quality proactively and reactively
- Responsible for various weekly / monthly reports
- Back up for Director. Demand and Supply Planning
- Ad hoc tasks and analysis per manager’s request.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or supply chain.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of seven (7) years supply chain planning experience preferably in a FDA regulated pharmaceutical or OTC environment.
- Expertise with ERP systems. SAP experience a plus.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel (advanced Excel skills preferred).
- Six Sigma or LEAN methodologies a plus.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Travel: Approximately 10%, domestic or international may be required, ability to travel via car, train, or plane. Company currently in pandemic work-from-home mode with no business travel. This likely to change later in the year.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.