Validation Engineer (Lynchburg, VA)
Fleet Laboratories’ 150 year history of success is attributable to its ability to adapt to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so do we-- with unique new technologies and products that help customers like you look and feel their best.
You'll enjoy working here at our Lynchburg, VA location where you will be part of a diverse team that works collaboratively sharing thoughts and ideas to meet our consumer needs and in a community that has a lot to offer.
Fleet Laboratories is seeking a Validation Engineer to perform the functions for validation of product and cleaning of in-house manufacturing and packaging systems. This includes IQ/OQ/PQ, process validation and cleaning validation. You will develop company validation standards, and support quality programs such as change control, calibration and technical releases.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform all company validation functions related to manufacturing, raw materials, packaging, testing, and distribution of our products and raw materials, including writing protocols and final reports, reviewing testing methods, and analysis of data.
- Moderate direct impact on profitability results from maintaining proper adherence to validation and stability guidelines.
- Develop and write validation policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Perform IQ/OQ/PQ, cleaning, and utilities validation. Work closely with Engineering on new equipment specifications and engineering changes as related to process and cleaning validation.
- Evaluate, identify, and develop current company validation and stability standards to meet global requirements and current industry standards.
- Supervise, coordinate, and provide QA oversight for assembling and issuing new product technical releases prior to initial release of product to the market.
- Supervise, coordinate, and provide QA oversight for the Fleet Laboratories calibration program, line/ship tests, and change control processes.
- Provide technical support on process investigations, quality improvement and CAPA activities (corrective and preventive action).
- Participate in training and instruction of departmental supportive personnel and provide technical leadership to the department.
- Provide technical support to a variety of corporate and international programs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Provides oversight for the calibration program.
- Use considerable judgment skills to troubleshoot and rectify any problems in testing and processing of products while conforming to company standards for product quality.
- Perform FATs as needed and provide technical expertise for acceptance test on site
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- Associates of Science and/or BS degree in Math, Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in pharmaceuticals or other GMP industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Validation and/or Technical Services
- Experience with equipment qualification is recommended
WHAT WE OFFER
- The start of a great career working with a diverse group of great people
- The health and safety of every employee... our top priority
- A clean, air-conditioned cGMP environment
- Top notch benefits – paid time off, 401(K) retirement savings with company match, medical, dental and vision, pay annual targeted bonus, competitive pay, life insurance, Flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement
- Stability – a record of strong financial performance and a growing company, a business in the community for over 150 years.
Connect with us at: www.prestigebrands.com (our parent company)
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.