The Vice President, Sourcing and Procurement is a senior leader with experience in operational, tactical and strategic facets of indirect and direct procurement and also possessing significant experience with contract manufacturing and packaging. The role requires proven success both as a leader who has built and enabled effective teams, and as an individual contributor who adapts easily to a rapidly changing environment. This person must be recognized as a collaborative business liaison possessing outstanding client and supplier relationship management skills. This person is a contracting, sourcing, and supplier management professional, with experience managing cross functional teams toward the best possible outcome and someone skilled in complex contract negotiations, process improvement, and relationship management (internal and external). This cross functional role covers all critical aspects of operations in the OTC/consumer goods industry, including operations strategy, supply chain management, manufacturing strategy, lean operations, procurement, and design to value.
The role conducts ongoing evaluation of operational systems and processes to maximize procurement effectiveness, and manages an end-to-end view of operations to help increase margins through operational excellence without compromising customer or consumer satisfaction.
Identifies, evaluates, and capitalizes on global opportunities to reduce sourcing and purchasing costs by negotiating and establishing contracts that improve the Company's buying patterns.
Manages a group of sourcing and procurement professionals with overall responsibility of consistently achieving target pricing and other metrics.
Develops senior stakeholder relationships within product innovation (NPD) and marketing functions to establish business needs and develop strategy for solutions.
Optimizes the flow of goods from suppliers to manufacturing (primarily 3rd party manufacturers), and from manufacturing to customers through segmentation, maximized planning, and the application of lean principles.
Assists in the launch of new products on time by working cross functionally and using a design-to-value approach that integrates consumer needs, competitive intelligence, and supplier insights into the supply chain, as well as minimize finished goods and product obsolescence.
Coordinates supply chain management reporting and measures/tracks supply chain KPI’s.
Evaluates and builds manufacturing networks that are flexible, responsive, innovative, and resilient.
Identifies, evaluates, defines, tests and implements systems, processes and reporting improvements for the procurement function in SAP and other systems in order to help hedge and minimize the volatility of costs, material, demand, and exchange rates
Leads meetings and training events to enhance productivity, improve employee effectiveness, and meet business objectives such as reductions in inventory, increasing unit fill rate, improving reporting accuracy and score-carding.
Assumes a key supporting role in acquisition or divestiture activity.
Assists with reporting and budgeting initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or affiliated business major (MBA preferred) with at least 10+ years in a CPG, OTC or pharma environment with third party manufacturing. CSCP certification strong preferred. R3 / ECC SAP experience is preferred but not required. Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and master production scheduling is a must.
- Core Competencies: Supplier Relationship Management, Supplier Risk Management, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Rationalization, Category Management, Spend Analysis, Contract Lifecycle Management, Managed Staffing, Supplier Diversity, Budget Planning, Outsourcing, RFP, and Negotiations.
- Recognized ability to reduce cost, eliminate waste, streamline operations, and comprise solutions.
- Ability in developing strategic and collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal customers at all levels of an organization.
- Possess a strong passion for customer service, integration of sustainability programs, environmental awareness, gaining buy-in for new ideas
- Able to effectively managing project schedules and budgets.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, FDA, ISO-9000, etc., strategic sourcing methodologies, contract negotiation expertise and project management.