Director, Engineering/Maintenance (Lynchburg, VA)
For over 150 years, Fleet Laboratories’ success has come from adapting to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so will we-- with unique new technologies and products that help our customer’s look and feel your best.
At Fleet Laboratories, the future is bright and our commitment to quality and innovation has never been stronger. Working here at our location in Lynchburg, VA, you will feel part of a team that works together to meet our consumer needs.
Fleet Laboratories is seeking a Director, Engineering/Maintenance this position will be responsible for providing leadership in the areas of Engineering, facilities maintenance, and centralized Equipment maintenance teams in a GMP facility. The position will direct the activities of Engineering and Maintenance in a FDA regulated, safe and cost-effective environment on a three-shift operation. The individual will serve as the leader and point of contact in each of these areas, personally executing projects, and develop organizational capability to deliver against future opportunities. Establish a vision and culture, improve processes, and procedures that support the company’s Initiatives and the FDA’s standards.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Direct the engineering effort supporting corporate and site goals. This includes the operations, facility, grounds, and any subsidiaries as needed.
- Budgetary responsibility for the site capital budget with a major focus on site profitability
- Manage and plan equipment changes, purchases, installation, implementation, and maintenance to meet production requirements and new product introductions.
- Plan and coordinate the work of the department, equipment, and utilities. Manage the work order, preventive maintenance, inventory control, equipment histories, and site projects.
- Direct the maintenance and engineering department activities across all shifts to support the production schedule and problem solve equipment and facility issues.
- Build a department with a team focused on maintenance reliability, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement.
- Assure compliance with cGMP, corporate and other regulatory standards for quality and safety in all areas of responsibility.
- Develop and manage the three-year capital spend plan. Obtain and oversee the manpower to accomplish the plan as developed.
- Develop, analyze and communicate relevant measurements for areas of responsibility.
- Manage/oversee capital projects from inception through commissioning, in alignment with plant objectives.
- Propose improvements in process, energy, resource, safety, and health management.
- Evaluate and recommend equipment changes, shop facilities tools, equipment and utilities systems, and implement-approved changes. Design manufacturing, packaging line, and facility improvements.
- Aid in the validation of modifications and addition of new equipment or processes in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Department.
- Develop and implement Maintenance Preventive and Predictive programs throughout operations and the facility.
- Drive standardization of equipment selection and repair techniques throughout the business.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Electrical) or the equivalent. Master’s degree desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in an FDA regulated industry including six years of managerial experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
Here at Fleet, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- The start of a great career working with a diverse group of great people
- The health and safety of every employee... our top priority
- A clean, air-conditioned cGMP environment
- Top notch benefits –paid time off, 401(K) retirement savings with company match, medical, dental and vision, pay annual targeted bonus, competitive pay, life insurance, Flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement.
- Stability – a record of strong financial performance and part of a growing $1billion company
- A business supporting the Lynchburg community for over 150 years.
Connect with us at: www.prestigebrands.com
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.