Quality Assurance Intern (Tarrytown, NY)
Prestige Consumer Healthcare markets and sells well-recognized brand-name consumer products in the over-the-counter health care products categories. We operate in niche segments within these categories in which the strength of our brand names, our established retail distribution network, low-cost operating model, and experienced management team are key to our success. Our brands are sold in the United States, Canada, and in certain international markets.
Our summer/Winter Quality Assurance Intern position supports Quality Assurance in a variety of short-term projects and tasks. This in-person position, based in Tarrytown NY works approximately 3 days/ 24 hours per week. The candidate will report to the Quality Assurance leadership team and will gain insight into Quality Systems in a environment that supports OTC drugs, medical devices, dietary supplements & cosmetics. Under the direction and guidance of the Quality Manager, the Intern will perform functions to help ensure Prestige Brands product continue to meet compliance and quality standards.
- Interact with internal and external resources, as needed, to support quality initiatives
- Organize, update and maintain paper and electronic quality documentation files as needed
- Engage with various groups/contract manufacturers to gather, organize and assess design control documentation using guidance and standards.
- Organize product profile using current SOPs.
- Create and present reports to the Quality organization regarding the status of assigned projects
- High level of organizational and planning skills
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, able to manage multiple tasks independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams) and; knowledge of Excel Macros a plus.
- Possess a can-do approach and suggest innovative ideas.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability communicate in a responsible manner
- Ability to work well in teams and independently in an effective and positive manner
- Student currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, pursuing a degree in scientific, pharmacy, or engineering-related fields or similar areas of focus
No Sponsorship: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
#HybridWork: We follow a Hybrid work schedule. All applicants must be able to work in our Tarrytown office Tues/Wed/Thurs (remote on Mon/Fri)..
Salary range: $20-$25/hr.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.