Senior Formulation Scientist (Lynchburg, VA)
For over 150 years, Fleet Laboratories’ success has come from adapting to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so will we-- with unique new technologies and products that help our customer’s look and feel your best.
At Fleet Laboratories, the future is bright and our commitment to quality and innovation has never been stronger. Working here at our location in Lynchburg, VA, you will feel part of a team that works together to meet our consumer needs.
Fleet Laboratories is seeking a Senior Formulation Scientist with experience in developing OTC and cosmetic skin care and hair care products such as liquids, washes, lotions, creams and gels (not looking for experience with tablet or injectables). Role will responsible for execution of product development activities for drug products (over the counter or OTC) and cosmetics (personal care) products under minimal supervision including (1) conducting pre-formulation, formulation, and assist in scale-up of new or improved products as required (2) assisting in the cGMP manufacturing, labeling, release and distribution of clinical trial supplies (3) organizing data in preparation of formulation development and other reports in support of product launches and (4) maintain cGMP compliance in laboratory activities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Accountabilities / Responsibilities.
• Create Project Plans and develop stable formulation of new and improved cosmetic products and liquid and
topical pharmaceutical products in accordance with Fleet R&D product development process with minimal
supervision from Innovation Manager.
• Assist with process development and scale-up batch manufacture.
• Keep accurate documentation of laboratory work, especially laboratory notebooks and other regulatory
documents, as needed.
• Generate SOPs as assigned by supervisor.
• Generate memoranda of inventions to cover novel findings and keep up-to-date with recent findings in OTC
and cosmetic product development.
• Provide guidance to Associate Scientists and Scientists in their daily experiments and troubleshooting.
• Act as the technical lead and effectively collaborate with other departments to coordinate product
development and improvement.
• Participate in meetings with Marketing to develop new product ideas and concepts.
• Evaluate competitors’ products and provide ideas for new and improved products.
• Adapt or modify experimental methods to achieve technical objectives.
• Participate in project team meetings and provide project updates when requested
• Generate formulation documents and formulation development reports with supporting data.
• Execute small scale batch manufacturing records and manufacture batches for stability evaluation, provide
samples for analytical testing, sales samples, and consumer evaluations.
• Plan and participate in manufacturing, packaging, labeling and release of clinical supplies in accordance with
• Monitor formula development and scale-up activities at contract manufacturer as assigned.
• Work closely with the AS group to develop specifications (RM, IP and FP).
• Support processing with large scale batches and new product launch manufacturing.
• Create and train on departmental SOPs as assigned by department management.
• Keep supervisor regularly informed of activities.
• Keep track of work times in the department database.
- Other tasks as required.
• Occasional travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
• B.S., M.S, or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific discipline
• 7+ years’ experience in product development. Less with higher degrees will be considered.
WHAT WE OFFER
Here at Fleet, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- The start of a great career working with a diverse group of great people
- The health and safety of every employee... our top priority
- A clean, air-conditioned cGMP environment
- Top notch benefits –paid time off, 401(K) retirement savings with company match, medical, dental and vision, pay annual targeted bonus, competitive pay, life insurance, Flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement.
- Stability – a record of strong financial performance and part of a growing $1billion company
- A business supporting the Lynchburg community for over 150 years.
Connect with us at: www.prestigebrands.com
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.