PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE EUROPEAN UNION AND UNITED KINGDOM WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Types of Personal Data Collected by Prestige
- When Prestige Collects Your Personal Data
- Data Retention Practices
- Protecting Personal Data
- How and Why We Use Your Personal Data
- With Whom Prestige Shares Your Personal Data
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Your Data Protection Rights
- Exercising Your Rights
- Lodging a Complaint
- Contact Details
2. Types of Personal Data Collected by Prestige
Personal Data is defined as any information that can be used to identify an individual either on its own or when combined with other available data.
Information Prestige Collects from You
Prestige collects information that you provide directly to us or through this website. The categories of Personal Data you may provide Prestige include:
- first and last name
- age/date of birth
- mailing address
- telephone number
- email address
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
- demographic information and any other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity, and
- any other identifier that permits Prestige to contact you
3. When Prestige Collects Your Personal Data
Prestige collects your Personal Data as follows:
- when you voluntarily provide it to us on the website or offline
- when you sign up to receive emails, alerts, or other communications
- when you communicate with us either on the website or offline,
- when you participate in Prestige surveys, contests, or promotions, and
- from third-party sources
4. Data Retention Practices
Prestige retains your Personal Data no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed and in accordance with Prestige's data retention policy, except as required by applicable law or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. Protecting Personal Data
In accordance with the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), the United Kingdom's General Data Protection Regulation ("UK-GDPR") and applicable data protection laws, Prestige has implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, or modification.
Where data processing is carried out on Prestige's behalf by a third-party, Prestige takes steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized disclosure of Personal Data.
6. How and Why We Use Your Personal Data
Prestige's uses your Personal Data for various purposes including:
- Providing website functionality and fulfilling your requests . This includes, for example, providing a tailored website experience and responding to your questions, suggestions, and/or complaints submitted through Prestige's online contact forms. These activities are necessary to manage Prestige's contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with legal obligations.
- Meeting pharmacovigilance-related obligations. Reports of adverse events related to a Prestige product will be reviewed and shared in order to comply with Prestige's pharmacovigilance-related obligations including reporting to relevant health authorities. In these circumstances, only details about the incident are reported and only limited Personal Data is shared (e.g., age, gender, and initials of a patient or initials, profession, and contact information of a reporting physician or pharmacist).
These data processing activities are necessary to comply with a legal obligation and/or for purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by Prestige.
- Providing you with our marketing materials and other information . Prestige uses your Personal Data to send you marketing-related emails, with information about Prestige's products, services, and other news about the company. Recipients of marketing-related emails may opt-out of receiving these types of communications.
These data processing activities are performed on the basis of a legitimate interest and, where applicable, with your consent.
- Providing personalized services. Prestige uses your data to understand your interests and preferences so that Prestige can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
These data processing activities are performed on the basis of legitimate interests and, where applicable, with your consent.
- Allowing participation in surveys, contests, and promotions . Prestige uses your data to offer you the opportunity to participate in (and to track your participation in) surveys, contests, and promotions. Some of these surveys, contests, or promotions include additional information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Data. Please read this additional information before choosing to participate.
These data processing activities are necessary to manage Prestige's contractual relationship with you and, where applicable, with your consent.
- Accomplishing Prestige's business purposes. Prestige uses personal data to continually improve its business. For example, we may use data analysis to improve the efficiency of our website or to help us understanding which parts of our products and services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users' interests.
These data processing activities are necessary to manage Prestige's contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or based on our legitimate interest.
Prestige will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which it was collected, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose, or as otherwise required by law.
If you have any questions about the legal basis for processing your Personal Data, please contact Prestige using the contact information in the Contact Details section below. We will gladly clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing of your Personal Data.
7. With Whom Prestige Shares Your Personal Data
Prestige shares your Personal Data with the following third parties:
- Affiliated or Related Entities: Prestige shares your Personal Data with our affiliated or related entities as necessary to carry out the purposes for which the information was supplied or collected.
- Business Partners and/or Service Providers: Prestige uses third-parties to assist with the running of the website and providing our products and services including, for example web-hosting providers and IT providers. To obtain these services, Prestige needs to share your Personal Data with such third-parties.
In addition, Prestige may disclose information about you in the following circumstances:
- If Prestige sells or buys any business or assets, we may confidentially disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, including to permit the due diligence required to decide whether to proceed with a transaction,
- If all or substantially all of Prestige's assets are acquired by a third-party, Personal Data held by Prestige about its customers will be one of the transferred assets,
- If Prestige is under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation,
- If necessary, to protect the vital interests of a person,
- To enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to establish, exercise, or defend the rights of Prestige, our employees, customers, or others,
- To third-party sponsors of surveys, contests, and promotions, and
- With your consent
8. Cross-Border Data Transfers
To carry out its obligations to you, Prestige may transfer your Personal Data to our related or affiliated entities and our third-party service providers located outside of the applicable jurisdiction (i.e., the European Economic Area for the GDPR or the United Kingdom for the UK-GDPR). This includes the USA.
Where Personal Data is transferred to and stored in a country outside of the applicable jurisdiction, Prestige takes the necessary steps to provide appropriate safeguards to protect your Personal Data. If you want further information on the specific mechanism used by Prestige when transferring your Personal Data, please contact us using the contact information in the Contact Details section below.
9. Your Data Protection Rights
Under the GDPR and/or the UK-GDPR, you have the following rights related to your Personal Data:
- Right to withdraw consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Right to access. You have the right to learn if your Personal Data is being processed by Prestige, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Right to restriction of processing. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. In that case, Prestige will not process your Personal Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Right to be forgotten. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to request your Personal Data to be deleted by Prestige.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to receive Personal Data that you provided to Prestige in a structured and commonly used format so that it can be transferred to another data controller. This right only applies where your Personal Data is processed by Prestige with your consent or for the performance of a contract and when processing is carried out by automated means.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and Prestige may be entitled to refuse or limit the requests, where exceptions under applicable law apply.
10. Exercising Your Rights
Where Prestige has reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request, we may request additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
This website is not directed at children, and Prestige will not knowingly accept or request personal information from individuals under the age of 16 years. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16, subject to applicable law, we will either (i) delete this information from our databases, in accordance with our deletion procedures; or (ii) obtain verifiable parental consent in accordance with applicable law.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers and affiliates, including social media networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own data privacy policies, and Prestige does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
13. Lodging a Complaint
You also have the right to complain to your local Data Protection Authority. A full list of National Data Authorities can be found here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
For residents of the United Kingdom, any complaints should be directed to the UK's Information Commissioner's Office ("ICO"):
Information Commissioner's Office
For residents of Germany , any complaints should be directed to your state's data protection authority. Information can be found here: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Home/home_node.html
15. Contact Details
Prestige Consumer Healthcare, Inc.
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, New York, United States 10605
Effective Date: April 22, 2021
Last Updated: April 22, 2021